As I wait for my lift (thanks COVID)

Rock krawler x-factor 4.5"

637768360.jpg

I really gotta get the RK lift on..... 5 years sitting in the original packaging is long enough to be "aged" don't you all think?
The 35's mounted on rims have been in the back yard all this time and the wife would L-O-V-E for me to get them under the JKUR instead of looking like Sanford & Son's around here.....

LOL Now that the move is over and I'm settled, I gotta' get on this especially since some are waiting for months for their newly ordered suspensions to be delivered.

Really unacceptable right? That's life though!

RR

@Jkurubicon2020 , good on ya!

My almost 4-year old son has quite the collection of ducks at this point.

He just got one this weekend sporting a purple mohawk. He has them with bandanas, Jeep logos, pirate hats, camo hats, all kinds of other things, it's quite hilarious actually.

Wonder how many more he'll get if I finally install the lift and big tires sitting in the shed?

Totally unacceptable right? I still say that since all these people are waiting really long times for their lifts and I've had mine for literally YEARS in the original boxes!

Looking good there!

RR

@Jkurubicon2020 , good on ya!

My almost 4-year old son has quite the collection of ducks at this point.

He just got one this weekend sporting a purple mohawk. He has them with bandanas, Jeep logos, pirate hats, camo hats, all kinds of other things, it's quite hilarious actually.

Wonder how many more he'll get if I finally install the lift and big tires sitting in the shed?

Totally unacceptable right? I still say that since all these people are waiting really long times for their lifts and I've had mine for literally YEARS in the original boxes!

Looking good there!

RR
Well the good thing about your lift is you know where it is lol. Waiting on mine for almost 6 months and not knowing when it was going to get here sucked

Reactions: RangerRick
Well the good thing about your lift is you know where it is lol. Waiting on mine for almost 6 months and not knowing when it was going to get here sucked
How long did it take you to put the kit on?
Any help with friends or all by yourself on that one?
Were you using power tools or did you do it all on your back on the ground with hand tools?
I have air tools to aid in the job so I will probably be enlisting their help on this.
Or was it a shop? Don't recall if you posted that you did it or someone else did.
Makes a difference in time for sure. I wish I had a hoist at the house but not going to happen at the new house.

I think my RK kit is the same model or at least very similar to the one you have. I will run the 35" ProComp MT2's until they are worn out, then possibly 37's with a gear change.

RK kit came with everything including the shocks, brake lines and the recommended AEV tuner to change tire size in the ECM. Nothing else required except if I wanted heavy duty steering linkage, that was separate.

RR

How long did it take you to put the kit on?
Any help with friends or all by yourself on that one?
Were you using power tools or did you do it all on your back on the ground with hand tools?
I have air tools to aid in the job so I will probably be enlisting their help on this.
Or was it a shop? Don't recall if you posted that you did it or someone else did.
Makes a difference in time for sure. I wish I had a hoist at the house but not going to happen at the new house.

I think my RK kit is the same model or at least very similar to the one you have. I will run the 35" ProComp MT2's until they are worn out, then possibly 37's with a gear change.

RK kit came with everything including the shocks, brake lines and the recommended AEV tuner to change tire size in the ECM. Nothing else required except if I wanted heavy duty steering linkage, that was separate.

RR
I had a shop do mine and it took them 2 days. Main reason for having them was due to work and jeep being my only means for transportation I couldn't be without a vehicle for a week. I had a coworker give me a ride to and from work for the 2 days.

The RK kit came with everything including extended brake line and also hi steer steering. It was the complete suspension overhaul kit.

I'm still not 100% sure my jeep will even fit in the garage anymore with the 37s on lol.

I'm running factory 4.10 gears at moment and jeep don't seem to do too bad with them and the 37s. Still pulls and gets down the road just fine. Only problem is I live up in the mountains so the elevation and up and down hills makes me have to down shift more to get up. It will be going back into the shop here within next month or so to be regeared to 5.13

Reactions: RangerRick and mrjp
Jeep shop just told me he would suggest 4.88 with my manual 3.8. What's everyone suggest, 4.88 or 5.13

Do you do much interstate driving? With the 5.13's your MPG's will drop a little.

I'm not sure where the sweet spot (RPM's) is for 6th gear in the 3.8.