As I wait for my lift (thanks COVID)

I agree, people are sure milking it and using it as a excuse.
They are made in USA (Colorado). They really aren't hard to make by the looks of it. Front hoop, rack basket, and rear bar. Then the brackets. The brackets and rear bar are the same for JK and JKU so they should have a ton of these on shelves. The front hoop, there are only three styles, you could have these on shelves too. The basket is the only thing that changes because of the different lengths. I really think they are just afraid to make something and someone back out and then they would have product sitting there, but that would streamline their delivery times. They also charge you 500 if you cancel your order, no ifs, ands, or buts. Kinda crazy, but they apparently are the best and I do think the style i got will look killer. I thought about going with Rebels Halo 2.0, but the weight capacity, surface area, and drilling the top swayed me away.

I've seen these racks and while I am no fabricator, they can't be that difficult to make. It's a lot of bent tubing, powder coat, etc. 8 months is literally a joke. I would understand 8 weeks possibly, but 8 months is just lazy. I've run into so many things locally where it's not COVID-19 anymore, it's just people who are lazy and don't want to work. I mean even if you were backlogged with orders, wouldn't that mean you were making tons of money? Okay, so hire some more people even if it's only temporary and figure it out.

Of course it may be the case that a lot of people aren't looking for jobs because they just want to stay home and collect unemployment or something.

I wouldn't want to drill the top either, that would be a big no-no.

Reactions: IndominusHuman
I've seen these racks and while I am no fabricator, they can't be that difficult to make. It's a lot of bent tubing, powder coat, etc. 8 months is literally a joke. I would understand 8 weeks possibly, but 8 months is just lazy. I've run into so many things locally where it's not COVID-19 anymore, it's just people who are lazy and don't want to work. I mean even if you were backlogged with orders, wouldn't that mean you were making tons of money? Okay, so hire some more people even if it's only temporary and figure it out.

Of course it may be the case that a lot of people aren't looking for jobs because they just want to stay home and collect unemployment or something.

I wouldn't want to drill the top either, that would be a big no-no.
Yeah, some people were collecting unemployment with that extra added on and making way more than I was and I make a good living, but that could get way too political for a Jeep forum. I think you and I see things the same way tho. lol

Reactions: Chris
Yeah, some people were collecting unemployment with that extra added on and making way more than I was and I make a good living, but that could get way too political for a Jeep forum. I think you and I see things the same way tho. lol

Yep, it sounds like we do. I'll leave it at that, but I'm still shocked it's 8 months plus for something as simple as a roof rack.

Reactions: mrjp
And to think with all these people waiting on stuff,
I've been sitting on my 3.5" X-Factor RC lift for a few years now waiting for the time to put it on since I work a ton of hours and with 3 kids well.... Life is a bit busy.

Now I'm wondering if I trade the JKUR in on a new V8 Hemi or Diesel JLUR, I could probably sell the RC kit for what I have into it because it would be no-waiting for someone to buy it from me right now. Instant gratification for someone me thinks!

It all has me thinking.......
RR

Reactions: Chris and mrjp
Anymore when I want something I call them and ask if they have it in stock or is it drop shipped? If not in stock ready for immediate shipment I look elsewhere. Sometimes you can call the manufacturer buy it direct and it usually a bit cheaper too, just remember to ask if they have the product in stock ready to go or if you got to wait until they make another batch of them. so you can pull the trigger or aim elsewhere.

And to think with all these people waiting on stuff,
I've been sitting on my 3.5" X-Factor RC lift for a few years now waiting for the time to put it on since I work a ton of hours and with 3 kids well.... Life is a bit busy.

Now I'm wondering if I trade the JKUR in on a new V8 Hemi or Diesel JLUR, I could probably sell the RC kit for what I have into it because it would be no-waiting for someone to buy it from me right now. Instant gratification for someone me thinks!

It all has me thinking.......
RR
I wish I could afford the new 392, but that speculative price tag of $77k (plus dealer markups) is way too much for a Jeep in my mind.

Reactions: AUBoggs and mrjp
Had some decals put on as I still wait for my lift.

20210309_161126.jpg

Reactions: Chris and mrjp