What's with this digital compass that always says I'm heading East?

WestCoastDan

JK Enthusiast
I hadn't honestly noticed if it was off before the following (2) issues were addressed:
1- Replaced factory radio; I did this myself & don't think I screwed anything up.
2- Had the top end rebuilt at the dealer, and don't think they did anything to make this type of error occur.

An old post mentions that the compass assembly is located in the dash, near the radio. I don't know what I'm looking for or have any idea what to do to make it work properly, can anyone point me in the right direction (pun intended)?

i assume your talking about the compass heading in the dash? If so, I seem to remember that on some of my previous cars there was a way to recalibrate it. Had something to do with driving your car around in circles to reset the compass. I don’t see anything in my 2008 Jeep manual that explains this.

Found it, there is a section in my 2008 manual that explains automatic and manual calibration. It should be in your manual if you have one. If not I can post it for you.

Reactions: Danarch
No trouble with the moral compass so far, but there are days when it has been tested.
I'll look in the manual and see what I find.
I forgot that I bought one.

Reactions: mrjp