Traction control light flashing or staying on

Bbreynolds93

While driving our 2012 Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4D, the traction control light will flash and it acts like the abs is trying to engage or the light will flash and then stay on. Also, when this happens the cruise control will disengage or not work at all. I was told it’s a steering sensor that needs reset, I’m looking for answers so we can eliminate the problem.

OP
Bbreynolds93

Bbreynolds93

We haven't, we do have a scanner. I will have my husband scan it when it does it again. The shop where we take our vehicles for all things 4x4, said that it could be a steering sensor that needs reset. It has a 4" lift on it, which was done by the previous owner. We did an alignment and our shop said that we will need to replace both the upper and lower bushings because they have quite a bit of play in them. I was able to speak with the previous owner (he's local to me 40 miles) )and he said he didn't have any problems with it.

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Yes, that's the problem with these JKs. Unlike the TJs and models before them, they are so electronically controlled, that you really need a fleet of diagnostic tools to figure out electrical stuff like this. They definitely aren't as DIY friendly as the older Jeeps.

Reactions: BLACKJKU