Squirrels chewing small hose going to gas filler area. What is it?

A follow up to this post!
I spliced this hose and it was fine for a while. It just threw a PO 456 code and I’m wondering if the splice is not good enough? I don’t know what the hose is. It’s coming from the gas tank and connects from small hard pipe to plastic pipe with a connection to a manifold then heading up front.
I think I need to replace the entire hose but I don’t know what it is. Help please!!

Reactions: mrjp
Here the mice are attacked to "that gasoline smell" ( Apocalypse Now) in the morning. I have traps I check daily. I read Mark Twain loved hunting squirrels, get enough one can make Brunswick Stew. LOL.

Reactions: Speartip
It has not happened to any of my vehicles before but this 2018 wrangler JK Unlimited has had its share of rats or squirrels or whatever destroying the back underneath. Gas line, charcoal canister hose. Gas tank vent hose.
9F727E27-93FD-457B-930C-EECAFA717A18.jpeg
E4289836-2E88-4637-871B-7F641E850AC5.jpeg
4E6EBA56-9F16-4E76-9800-AE215C9E8824.jpeg

So, is this a particular issue with jeeps ☹️? Why haven’t I heard about this with other cars?
It's not just Jeeps. My brother in law has a Taco 4 Runner.Its been chewed up a couple times . He lays traps under his hood .Not daily driven. They also have a compost box which will attract rodents & shit .
Told him get rid of the compost but they don't listen well. Lol
I have 3 local cats that patrol the area and yard so I'm safe. Touch wood .

Reactions: mrjp
So, is this a particular issue with jeeps ☹️? Why haven’t I heard about this with other cars?
Can't speak to why you've never heard about it, but it is certainly a problem with all sorts of vehicles. Engine bays are warm, and a cozy place to sleep. Squirrels teeth never stop growing, so they chew to keep them worn down. A nice bit of something to chew on and a nice cozy place to sleep. Isn't that what we all want?

Still trying to find out the exact identification of this hose/tube coming off the gas tank that I have spliced and need to buy and replace. This was the squirrel/rat chewing. I’m attaching 2 pictures.

17CF7F5B-4C0D-4BA1-AE9D-9003B4F45DE5.jpeg

86EB48FD-4DE0-4531-89D2-9E69C07D5AF3.jpeg

I answered my own question today when I found the official name of the line.
It’s the : Evap line on fuel filler neck
I ordered one today but will not install until my splice gives way and it throws a code!