Replace Soft Top or Just Window?

stevenhorr

Greetings. I have a 2014 2-door Sport and I accidentally trashed the rear window one winter. Taped it with gator tape, no big deal. I decided this year to replace it but the local Jeep dealership quoted me at 590$ canadian for a replacement window set. Thinking this was way too much money for just one window (at least only one that I needed), I went and ordered a Smittybilt replacement top (vinyl covered fabric) for just under 500$ Canadian.

While watching a video showing how to install the top, I began wondering if the Smittybilt looked cheaper and more flimsy than the one I already have, which currently has no issues aside from the rear window being cracked. Is this Smittybilt likely an upgrade from the factory top, or a downgrade? Does anyone know if I could just get a rear window instead? Any insights or advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

It is not an upgrade . I have a Smittybilt. My next top will be a Best top. It’s not a bad top, just not as good as OEM. If I’m not mistaken Bestop makes the OEM tops.

Thanks. I just contacted TDot and asked them to hold my order. What does OEM stand for? Yeah I don't want to pay 600$ for a down grade!

Last edited:
Reactions: mrjp
So do I pay $950 for a BestTop sail cloth replacement or spend the $590 for replacement windows... ? Hmmm. Decisions, decisions.

Reactions: Chris
If your top isn’t worn just the window. When the top needs replacement I think you should be able to contact Bestop and get one without windows.

Reactions: stevenhorr