Possible New Jeep Model

Speartip

JK Addict
Supporting Member
I stumbled upon this pic a couple months ago .
It was from the SEMA show in 21 . Jeep concept.
Kinda cool looking . Raised rear roof reminds of the old Land Cruisers.
37" tires . Stretched out Sahara but lthey could just use the JT platform .
Departure angle looks to be a issue with that much over hang .
Last weekend would have def given me problems and probably ripped
off the bumper .
Other than that look good .
Thoughts ?

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a38095856/jeep-three-row-wrangler-sema/

4E8064BD-F7AC-4A5F-8D51-71C43875A2DE-514-000000701DE9867F.jpg

Last edited:
I agree on the departure angle with the amount of rear end behind the axle. But the rear end also appears to be a little higher than the rest of the body.

And screw the 3 rows.... I don't even use 2. Just another pair of seats to stash somewhere.
Yeah Your right, looking at pic again . Overhang does sit higher than rest of body . With that & running 37” , maybe not so much of an issue . Tough to say until it’s too late .

Oh I know . Was a bit confused. as to why 3rd row seating was even mentioned.
I would have thought it would have been marketed and aimed directly at the overlanding community .

Sad part is if ever comes to fruition . It will be priced way out of reach of most .

A fully loaded. JL Rubicon up here is roughly $65K CDN. Never see any new ones the trails
In fact hardly ever see anyone
So I would imagine a stretched out. version would start at 75K CDN. Not many if any are going to spend that on a new Jeep and trail rash it up.
It’s almost as if new Jeep’s are priced out their target demographic . Ya Know .

Reactions: Anybodyhome
85-90 percent of all Jeep owners will never take their rigs to a place where that rear overhang would even be an issue.

So, if they do come out with something like this it will sell because its a 7 seater, its not the new Wagoneer its still a JEEP and it will be a family "sedan"

Do you all really think that the 4 door was made to satisfy us hardcore off-roaders. The masses don't care about approach and departure angle.

I wouldn't mind seeing something like this come out but time will tell.

I agree on the departure angle with the amount of rear end behind the axle. But the rear end also appears to be a little higher than the rest of the body.

And screw the 3 rows.... I don't even use 2. Just another pair of seats to stash somewhere.
My seats are folded down so my dog has the entire space. I did by the trench covers, worked well

85-90 percent of all Jeep owners will never take their rigs to a place where that rear overhang would even be an issue.

So, if they do come out with something like this it will sell because its a 7 seater, its not the new Wagoneer its still a JEEP and it will be a family "sedan"

Do you all really think that the 4 door was made to satisfy us hardcore off-roaders. The masses don't care about approach and departure angle.

85-90 percent could be on the low side unless living in Colorado or Utah . I would suggest at best 5 percent on average go Off Roading .
Where I live it's probably even less.
Many many jeep owners on the island .
To be perfectly honest I was viewing that Jeep strictly from an Off Roading perspective . Not from a "masses" perspective .
A couple diff friends have mini vans with 3 Rd row that eventually got taken out as never needed. I could care less about 7 seats . I would hazard a guess not many interested in the 7'seat option . As families on average are smaller now than they used to be . And the room could be better utilized for pets , gear , cargo , etc.
Not to many "family sedans " running 37" tires so It'll be interesting if it ever comes to market to see what it's all about .

My seats are folded down so my dog has the entire space. I did by the trench covers, worked well
Me, too. I have the Canvasback covered with a store-bought 4'x6' utility mat.
I'd really like to see Weathertech come up with a cargo bed liner/tray that fits the entire back of the 4-door with a hinge at the second row. If you needed the second row, you could lift the seats and the liner/tray would fold back on itself.

And my Smittybilt Defender rack pretty much keeps me out of the garage. Not to mention the wife's MB SLK350 and RX 350 always have priority.

Reactions: Speartip and mrjp
Me, too. I have the Canvasback covered with a store-bought 4'x6' utility mat.
I'd really like to see Weathertech come up with a cargo bed liner/tray that fits the entire back of the 4-door with a hinge at the second row. If you needed the second row, you could lift the seats and the liner/tray would fold back on itself.

And my Smittybilt Defender rack pretty much keeps me out of the garage. Not to mention the wife's MB SLK350 and RX 350 always have priority.
Been designing a bed in my head for the back of the Jeep.
Using the 60 percent fold down side . It will be hinged so can flip up and fold over on itself when not in use . It’ll be as low profile as possible
It would’ve been so helpful if Jeep designed rear seats to lay flat and to include some sort of “panel” to go over gap .
The utility liner you made is a good idea . I have one but just fits in the back when seats are up . When bed is all done and installed will post pics . It won’t be for another few weeks but will get on it soon

Reactions: mrjp

Truth be told, thats EXACTLY how we bought our JKU. My wife didnt like the looks of anything else - we looked at Q7's, Range Rover, Ford Explorer, etc. My wife was driving an FJ Cruiser that she loved, and we liked the 4-door JK. It just so happens that the top and doors come off the Jeep.