Pedal Commander Review

I have one in my 08 JKU and it makes it feel like it has more power but it's just like Chris said the only thing it's doing is making it accelerate faster. Like back when they were cable driven instead of electronic. I keep mine on city which is a improvement over stock, there is 2 more settings better then the city for when you feel like racing.

Reactions: Lxxtsy
Yes, it's a big placebo effect. It makes the vehicle feel like it just got a whole lot faster, but in reality all it did was change the throttle sensitivity mapping. That being said, what you're experiencing is a throttle that when pressed is just way more responsive than it was before.

I can see how some would easily confuse this for more power, but it's not adding any more power at all.

Of course that doesn't mean it isn't worth the money, as some people prefer a more crisp throttle. I'm only putting this out there so that anyone who reads this doesn't assume they'll gain more power with one of these.

Reactions: Lxxtsy and BLACKJKU
Ok I just installed the pedal commander and I must say this thing kicks ass. The truck feels so alive now and not having to smash the pedal down to get a response is amazing. I will say i did get a Throttle pedal low voltage check engine light but i think its cause I unplugged the cable while the keyfob was too close to the vehicle. I cleared it with my OBD2 bluetooth dongle and it hasn't returned.
Great product

Glad to hear you like it.

The throttle sensitivity on the JKs has to be one of the worst of any vehicles I've ever driven. You really have to mash it to get it to respond.

Reactions: JerryD
Been a year.. @BLACKJKU @FrankQ66 @Mrriverajr, any updated thoughts? I put one in my cart on their site a while ago, didn't do anything. Started getting "Here's $30 off...", "Here's $30 off and free shipping". Now it's $40 off & free shipping. :)

I truly hate the lag in the drive by wire. There have been a few times the pedal commander would have made my pulling in to traffic, or moving out of the way, much, um, smoother. My hesitation is I read of someone who had a run away throttle issue. But without know the details, I can't fault the device and it's only been a few posts I've seem something like that.

Long term pros/cons?

Been a year.. @BLACKJKU @FrankQ66 @Mrriverajr, any updated thoughts? I put one in my cart on their site a while ago, didn't do anything. Started getting "Here's $30 off...", "Here's $30 off and free shipping". Now it's $40 off & free shipping. :)

I truly hate the lag in the drive by wire. There have been a few times the pedal commander would have made my pulling in to traffic, or moving out of the way, much, um, smoother. My hesitation is I read of someone who had a run away throttle issue. But without know the details, I can't fault the device and it's only been a few posts I've seem something like that.

Long term pros/cons?

I have never had any issue with my PC, and can't see not having it.

Reactions: mrjp
Huh, never heard of the Pedal Commander .
Will def check out and order one . There have been
a couple occasions where I really noticed lag .
Thanks for posting this .

Huh, never heard of the Pedal Commander .
Will def check out and order one . There have been
a couple occasions where I really noticed lag .
Thanks for posting this .

It doesn't give the Jeep anymore power just makes the throttle pedal more responsive.

I have had the Pedal Commander for a few months and it really does make a difference. However, from time to time, you will want to turn it off and drive for a few minutes without it. You forget just how anemic the stock throttle response is over time and may even wonder if the PC is even working. I use 'City' around town and 'Sport' on the trail.

Reactions: mrjp and Speartip