Not Starting

AndrewJ

I have a 2012 3.6L JK and I am having issues with starting. My jeep suddenly stopped working when I went to start it before work one day. The starter is engaging (I replaced it thinking it was the issue), but there is no crank from the engine. From what I saw the flywheel and ring gear look fine. I can manually turn the engine so the engine isn't seized and the battery is pushing out 12v which is normal. I am a "backyard mechanic" and this just has me stumped. Would appreciate all the help and suggestions I can get. Thank you in advance

I want to be clear about what your saying... The engine does not spin at all when you turn the key? I'm a bit confused because you say the starter is engaging but the engine doesn't crank. By crank do you mean turn?

If this is what is happening I would check:
1) Safety switches. Try starting in neutral and 4Hi
2) Do you have any indicators/lights on the dash?
3) Ensure the battery terminals are fully seated. My positive was 1/16th or so high and giving me sporadic problems
4) Try bypassing the starter relay and powering the starter with a jumper

I want to be clear about what your saying... The engine does not spin at all when you turn the key? I'm a bit confused because you say the starter is engaging but the engine doesn't crank. By crank do you mean turn?

If this is what is happening I would check:
1) Safety switches. Try starting in neutral and 4Hi
2) Do you have any indicators/lights on the dash?
3) Ensure the battery terminals are fully seated. My positive was 1/16th or so high and giving me sporadic problems
4) Try bypassing the starter relay and powering the starter with a jumper
By crank I do mean turn sorry for the miscommunication. I tried N with 4Hi and 4L still no result. I'm going to take it to a mechanic tomorrow to find the actual issue, I will keep everyone posted.

By crank I do mean turn sorry for the miscommunication. I tried N with 4Hi and 4L still no result. I'm going to take it to a mechanic tomorrow to find the actual issue, I will keep everyone posted.
Is there a small round red light on the right side of the cluster staying lit or blinking like @BLACKJKU asked earlier? This light would cause the engine to crank/turn over and not start.

Reactions: BLACKJKU
Is there a small round red light on the right side of the cluster staying lit or blinking like @BLACKJKU asked earlier? This light would cause the engine to crank/turn over and not start.
The security light is not on. Friends and family are saying it is most likely the wiring harness and that it has to be corroded somewhere.