No cruise control plus ABS, & traction control lights on at same time after hitting a pot hole

dccjeepsparky

The cruise control was terminated just like touching the brakes after hitting a pot hole. At the same time, the abs & traction control lights came on in the dash. Lights are still on and cruise control can not be set. Mileage = 64,000. Scanner says that all 4 wheel sensors have set the fault code as well. Any advise ?????

Don't know what year your JK is but have you checked to see if there is a fuse for the ABS?

You won't have any cruise control until you fix the ABS problem, my JK has been like that for about 9 months.

Reactions: Dirty Dog
Well usually if ABS/ Brake Light / TC is lit up means hub bearing needs replacing and or sensor gone bad.
It’s possibly hitting pot hole at speed damaged one of the wheel sensors.
Did you try removing code with scanner ?
Cruise Control wonky ? @BLACKJKU says if system detects issue in wheel sensor or ABS it automatically disengages cruise , I would agree on that .
So fixing sensor should automatically take care of CC.

Well usually if ABS/ Brake Light / TC is lit up means hud bearing needs replacing and or sensor gone bad.
It’s possibly hitting pot hole at speed damaged one of the wheel sensors.
Did you try removing code with scanner ?
Cruise Control wonky ? Thats tough one . Maybe if system detects issue in wheel sensor it automatically disengages cruise ?

Yes you loose Cruise Control when your ABS light comes on.

This happens specifically after hittin a good bump.
Not sure if comment is in regards to my comment
Or your situation .
I understand you have warning lights after hitting
bump at speed. I was just commenting that sometimes
with Jeeps it takes a few on/off cycles and warning
lights go away .
As with my gas cap. Don't have to hit a bump.
Sometimes works it's way loose .

I have exactly this problem now after hitting a bump off road. Did you get it sorted?

I would check the negative terminal on the battery before any other troubleshooting.
Make certain that it is TIGHT & cannot wobble, wiggle, vibrate, etc.

Just had this similar issue w/our ‘15 JKU.
That factory battery clamp is sketchy.
Thanks. I’ve cleaned it up with wire brush etc but agree the clamps are pretty poor. Also the last owner added so many extra wires so the clamps in various ways. I’ve ordered some new ones. If anyone has any they recommend please let me know. Cheers

Reactions: mrjp and BigAL07