Need help with new suspension lift

Anvil Jeep Girl

Hi! Looking for some input. I currently have a Pro Comp 2.5" lift in my 2015 JKU that I got back in 2016 a year after I bought my Jeep (budget lift). I'm wanting to upgrade to a 3.5 inch and stuck on which way to go. It's my daily driver and doesn't see much offroad action besides sand, gravel and some washboard roads (I live in South Florida what do you expect?). I want it to be capable of mild to moderate trails, but don't plan on doing any rock climbing or hard core wheeling. Also want to be good on the pavement as I use it to tavel. I did mention the Clayton 3.5" Overland Plus to my shop (trusted hard core Jeepers) which is probably overkill for what I need, and this is what they recommended. How does this setup look (see quote below)? I asked about the steering going to a 4 inch (Teraflex doesn't have 3.5" for JK's) and they mentioned flipping the drag link. This added an extra $700.

The shop first quoted me a Teraflex 3" coil spring base lift kit, front control arm relocation kit, with Bilstein 5100s. This was after me explaining how the Jeep is currently being used and possibilities in the future. Teraflex doesn't have 3.5" for JKs. For some reason the shop really seems to like Teraflex since that's all I've been quoted. But maybe that's all I need. We do a lot of camping which would add weight to the back, plus I have a heavy rear bumper, tire carrier, and 37" spare. I feel that a 3" wouldn't really be a 3" and I would be close to where I am now which doesn't make sense for me to spend the money to look the same.

My reason for wanting a new lift is because I feel like it's sagging a little bit in the back, and any weight added is noticeable. Like I mentioned, it was a budget lift when I got my Jeep over 8 years ago. Plus I would like to be a little taller without sacrificing driveabilty (I do use to travel), which is pretty good now. My husband had a 3.5 inch lift on his Jeep and it was quite noticeable compared to my 2.5". I plan on keeping my Jeep so don't want to have to do upgrades down the line if I can just do them now. I want it to drive good on the road/highway, be a little taller, handle weight in the rear, and be capable of mild to moderate trails. Does that even exist LOL??

I appreciate your input!

**Currently running 37s and have already regeared to 4.88

Screenshot 2024-09-17 at 4.53.08 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-09-17 at 4.53.24 PM.png

This is what she currently looks like (minus a little sag in rear which is now noticeable)
IMG_6005.JPG

I'm from South Florida (West Palm) and there's really nothing out there that you need more than even a stock lift on unless you plan on going mudding a lot. For your needs you really don't need to be spending for top of the line stuff because it sounds like you're almost never going to need that kind of gear. You may just want to stick with a 2.5 and even downsize to 35s.

Reactions: tJKrider
I'm from South Florida (West Palm) and there's really nothing out there that you need more than even a stock lift on unless you plan on going mudding a lot. For your needs you really don't need to be spending for top of the line stuff because it sounds like you're almost never going to need that kind of gear. You may just want to stick with a 2.5 and even downsize to 35s.

I'm not liking this negativity LOL! I would like to be able to do moderate type trails, but need to go a few hours north so that's not something that would be all the time.

I'm not liking this negativity LOL! I would like to be able to do moderate type trails, but need to go a few hours north so that's not something that would be all the time.

I'm not being negative, I'm trying to save you money. I saw on JKO someone said you should get the Metal Cloak Game Changer and imo that is complete overkill for what it sounds like you need. A stock or moderately lifted Jeep is very capable all on its own, you don't have to automatically shoot the money cannon at it.

I have a complete JKS 2.5 lift, sway bars, control arms, etc whole nine yards on my Jeep and I live in New Mexico and even that is more than I actually need right now. I'm not saying it's not nice to have but if I knew then what I knew now I'd have probably kept my stock suspension for now and I promise you what we have here is more punishing than what's on the East coast.

By all means, it's your Jeep and your money and you can do whatever you want to it, but you asked for advice and I gave you it.