Mechanic installed big brake kit that doesn't fit my wheels

Kylenunn

I had a mechanic install a lift kit with wheels and tires i ordered a while ago and recently my brakes started going bad.I decided I wanted to go with a big brake kit and asked the same mechanic for his opinion and he recommend some brakes and gave me an invoice to buy and install them. I dropped off my jeep and got a call later that day saying he fully installed the brakes but my wheels are to small to go back on and told me I need to find a new solution to this problem. He didn't check the measurements before hand and now I have to get new wheels because my old brakes were trashed, what should I do and what would be fair to ask of the mechanic to do.

I would think that if the mechanic ordered and installed them it would be on him to make it correct. He should install something that should fit your Jeep with out you having to do modifications

he recommend some brakes and gave me an invoice to buy and install them. I dropped off my jeep and got a call later that day saying he fully installed the brakes but my wheels are to small to go back on and told me I need to find a new solution to this problem.

Just read this a couple times and explain how this is your problem to solve? Is this a reputable shop and is he ASE certified? If either of those are the case, I'd be looking for some phone numbers, not to mention the BBB and a couple other places.

California has a Bureau of Automotive Repair online complaint form:

https://www.dca.ca.gov/webapps/bar/complaints.php

So, in a nutshell, he orders wrong parts, installs wrong parts, charges you up front for the wrong parts and then tells you to find a new solution. Wow, the "new solution" is to remove the brakes that were ordered incorrectly, get the right ones or put the old ones back on and give your money back.

Reactions: mrjp and Link1989
Just read this a couple times and explain how this is your problem to solve? Is this a reputable shop and is he ASE certified? If either of those are the case, I'd be looking for some phone numbers, not to mention the BBB and a couple other places.

So, in a nutshell, he orders wrong parts, installs wrong parts, charges you up front for the wrong parts and then tells you to find a new solution. Wow, the "new solution" is to remove the brakes that were ordered incorrectly, get the right ones or put the old ones back on and give your money back.
Yup, I am with Anybodyhome, I just couldn’t of a good way to express it.

Reactions: mrjp
The only reason I could think of the wheels not fitting on was if he had 15" or 16" wheels. My 17" fit over my Big Brake Kit.

Agreed.

Its not like you ordered the kit and asked him to put it on. He ordered all the parts. At that point it is on him to check fitment before ordering let alone installing. I would be raising some hell.

Reactions: mrjp
The brake kit should specify what vehicle it fits, if your wheels are not stock 17" then there is your problem.

WHAT SIZE WHEELS ARE ON YOUR JEEP?
WHAT KIT DID HE INSTALL?