LED headlight recommendations?

Wire up your DRL wire to that adapter. Find a 15-20 amp fuse. Remove that fuse, but make sure it is a fuse that gets hot when you turn the key on. Then plug the adapter into that fuse location. After that you plug your fuse into the adapter.

Ouch! Damn dealership 😒

They do make things easy to modify now. When I added lights to my ild TJ the wiring looked like a rats nest under yhe hood.

Wrangler headlights are notoriously weak. You can change the bulbs and see some improvement, but it's likely your lenses are in bad shape. You can fix that with rubbing compound and a drill. But that will only get you back to the OEM lights, which weren't all that good.

I have installed these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082SC2KQX/?tag=jkforum-20
in both our Wranglers. They're a huge improvement.
Had a look at these on Amazon.
The Amazon write up says JK 1997 to 2018 compatible. So, that's good.
Then, the fine print farther down in the listing (manufacturer's specs?), it suggests JK 2007-2015.
I have a 2016, and don't want to have to return them if they're not compatible with my 2016 JKU.
Anyone got any 2016-2018 JKU real world experience with these lighthouse beacons?
They do look pretty good, compared to stock headlamps.
Are those additonal wires mentioned in this thread for DRL use, actually necessary?
The manufacturer's pics sort of shows a red wire outside the main harness which is the DRL connection.
Sorry, questions, questions......

Had a look at these on Amazon.
The Amazon write up says JK 1997 to 2018 compatible. So, that's good.
Then, the fine print farther down in the listing (manufacturer's specs?), it suggests JK 2007-2015.
I have a 2016, and don't want to have to return them if they're not compatible with my 2016 JKU.
Anyone got any 2016-2018 JKU real world experience with these lighthouse beacons?
They do look pretty good, compared to stock headlamps.
Are those additonal wires mentioned in this thread for DRL use, actually necessary?
The manufacturer's pics sort of shows a red wire outside the main harness which is the DRL connection.
Sorry, questions, questions......
The red wire is for the DRL. If you want that you need to wire it. If you don’t want DRL leave it alone. I figure since it comes with the light why not use it.
I would think it would work on your 2016. I don’t think there is any difference but someone here can correct me if I’m wrong.

The red wire is for the DRL. If you want that you need to wire it. If you don’t want DRL leave it alone. I figure since it comes with the light why not use it.
I would think it would work on your 2016. I don’t think there is any difference but someone here can correct me if I’m wrong.
Got it. They don't really go into the DRL wiring issue, so it'll be flying blind.
Hope there's more detail in the kit itself.
More concerned about the years of compatibility.
I can't tell the diff between 2013/2014/2015 and 2016/2017/2018, so it probably would work.

Holy crap! The difference in these vs the stock headlights is amazing.
Told you so. :)

I didn't wire the halo lights because I think they look silly. I use JScan to turn on DRL and use either the headlights or fog lights. If you want the halo on, connect the yellow wire to any fuse that has switched power.

I wired my DRL today. I thought they would be just the halo but it also has light in the center. I will see if I like that. If not that is easy to undo.
The lid on my fusebox wants to break the wires from the headlights. I may need to cut a slot for them.

I wired my DRL today. I thought they would be just the halo but it also has light in the center. I will see if I like that. If not that is easy to undo.
The lid on my fusebox wants to break the wires from the headlights. I may need to cut a slot for them.
What location(s) in the fusebox did you use to wire the DRLs? Fuse number(s) would help. Or function?
My 2016 is probably pretty similar in fuse locations, ratings, and function.
Wire gauge would also be helpful, if you know it.

I just had something strange happen.
I was going to go somewhere and it wouldn’t start. I had power but it didn’t even try. I opened the hood and unhooked the DRLs and it started. I only tried that because it was the last thing I did. But now the CEL is on.
The fuse I used was a 10amp closest to the passenger fender, if that matters.
Just how sensitive is this jeep?
What location(s) in the fusebox did you use to wire the DRLs? Fuse number(s) would help. Or function?
My 2016 is probably pretty similar in fuse locations, ratings, and function.
Wire gauge would also be helpful, if you know it.
I just checked. It was fuse M28. It looks like that powers the pcm.
I used the wire connectors linked to above. I pulled the fuse, plugged in the connector in that slot then put yhe fuse in that connector. I wired both DRLs into one connector using the buttsplice.
Would messing with that fuse trigger the CEL?

I just had something strange happen.
I was going to go somewhere and it wouldn’t start. I had power but it didn’t even try. I opened the hood and unhooked the DRLs and it started. I only tried that because it was the last thing I did. But now the CEL is on.
The fuse I used was a 10amp closest to the passenger fender, if that matters.
Just how sensitive is this jeep?

I just checked. It was fuse M28. It looks like that powers the pcm.
I used the wire connectors linked to above. I pulled the fuse, plugged in the connector in that slot then put yhe fuse in that connector. I wired both DRLs into one connector using the buttsplice.
Would messing with that fuse trigger the CEL?
Im going to guess "yes" since its the only change made today. Isn't there another light related fuse that would work? Someone suggested fog lamps or even parking lights maybe?

Im going to guess "yes" since its the only change made today. Isn't there another light related fuse that would work? Someone suggested fog lamps or even parking lights maybe?
I will find another location for the DRLs. I’m not real worried about them right now.
I am concerned about why it wouldn’t start then did start after unplugging the lights but now the CEL is on.

Do you currently have DRL turned on, on your Jeep? Are the DRL on your new light a halo? I've used these in the past to add a wire to my fuse box.

View attachment 125203
Which fuse location did you use?
I picked a fuse at random. Later when I tried to start the jeep it would not turn over. After trying a few times I stopped and unplugged the DRL connector. It started right after.
I looked and I had picked the pcm fuse. Now the CEL is on.