LED headlight recommendations?

Pepperbelly

I just bought a used 2015 Unlimited Sport. The headlights and driving lights in the bumper are all yellow/brown and not very bright.
I have read that the Pro Comp LED headlights are very good but they are about $350.00.
Are there any good LED lights that are less expensive but are reliable?
If not would new halogen bulbs make a noticeable difference or are LEDs the only way to go?

Wrangler headlights are notoriously weak. You can change the bulbs and see some improvement, but it's likely your lenses are in bad shape. You can fix that with rubbing compound and a drill. But that will only get you back to the OEM lights, which weren't all that good.

I have installed these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082SC2KQX/?tag=jkforum-20
in both our Wranglers. They're a huge improvement.

Reactions: Pepperbelly
Just about any LED headlight & fog light on Ebay or Amazon is better than your OEM lights. If you go the LED route, you might need Jscan to tell your Jeep you changed from halogen to LED or your lights might flicker.

Jscan is an app that works with an OBD dongle like iCarPro, to control just about anything electrical on your Jeep. You can do just about anything that a $1,200 scanner can do.
I will look into that. Is it just the app, my I-phone and a connecting wire?
Wrangler headlights are notoriously weak. You can change the bulbs and see some improvement, but it's likely your lenses are in bad shape. You can fix that with rubbing compound and a drill. But that will only get you back to the OEM lights, which weren't all that good.

I have installed these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082SC2KQX/?tag=jkforum-20
in both our Wranglers. They're a huge improvement.
I ordered the headlights and fog lights. They will be here tomorrow.
Can a dealership program fir led lights to avoud glicker?

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Can a dealership program fir led lights to avoud glicker?
The app is free. You will have to pay for the license which will be your vin number. The license cost like I think $29? The dongle cost $39 and works by Bluetooth between it and your phone. A dealer can program so your lights don't flicker but you're looking to spend probably triple the cost if not more of doing it yourself. There are plenty of threads on here about Jscan. It's super easy to use.

Are you talking about the anti flicker boxes?
What I saw was a short wire harness with a box in the middle and plugs on each end. Apparently it goes between the headlight and the vehicle wiring.

Can a dealership program for led lights to avoid flicker?

Built in Canbus means you shouldn't get a "light out" warning. Anti flicker means you don't need that extra wire harness. Now, our Jeeps don't have normal operating lights. They're controlled by the computer. You could get flickering even with the built in canbus and anti flicker. If they do flicker, you'll need Jscan and a dongle.

Built in Canbus means you shouldn't get a "light out" warning. Anti flicker means you don't need that extra wire harness. Now, our Jeeps don't have normal operating lights. They're controlled by the computer. You could get flickering even with the built in canbus and anti flicker. If they do flicker, you'll need Jscan and a dongle.
I will install them and see. It was too hot to work when they arrived.
I really want more light before I go dove hunting at the Grasslands. Coming home on those roads after dark can be nerve-wracking. A few years ago I went down into a low spot and saw a black cow standing in the road. If it had been full dark I would have hit it.

Reactions: JeepJeezy
I installed them this afternoon. I will test them tonight to make sure they are aimed correctly and see if they flicker.
Where do I connect the yellow wire for the DRL?

Do you currently have DRL turned on, on your Jeep? Are the DRL on your new light a halo? I've used these in the past to add a wire to my fuse box.

s-pdpxl.jpeg.jpg

Do you currently have DRL turned on, on your Jeep? Are the DRL on your new light a halo? I've used these in the past to add a wire to my fuse box.

View attachment 125203
I just got this jeep Saturday and as far as I know it doesn’t have DRL.
I bought the Xprite headlights that were recommended. I think the DRL is a halo type.
Do you have a link to those connectors?

I changed my headlights first thing after I saw my headlight beam at nice. I don’t really know much about the newer jeeps. I used to have a ‘95YJ and a 2000 TJ. This JKU is different.

I just got this jeep Saturday and as far as I know it doesn’t have DRL.
I bought the Xprite headlights that were recommended. I think the DRL is a halo type.
Do you have a link to those connectors?

I changed my headlights first thing after I saw my headlight beam at nice. I don’t really know much about the newer jeeps. I used to have a ‘95YJ and a 2000 TJ. This JKU is different.
Here is the link https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TBRM45F/?tag=jkforum-20
Oh and Welcome to the forum and don't forget to post some pictures of your ride!

Reactions: BigAL07
Here is the link https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TBRM45F/?tag=jkforum-20
Oh and Welcome to the forum and don't forget to post some pictures of your ride!
Where do they plug into? Are there empty slots in the fuse box?

I will take pics soon. I have been dealing with a really annoying issue. Apparently the dealership did not check the coolant level when they inspected it before I drove off in it. The temp got into the mid 240s. I ended up adding a half gallon to the recovery bottle and at least a quart to the radiator. It’s behaving now.

Where do they plug into? Are there empty slots in the fuse box?

I will take pics soon. I have been dealing with a really annoying issue. Apparently the dealership did not check the coolant level when they inspected it before I drove off in it. The temp got into the mid 240s. I ended up adding a half gallon to the recovery bottle and at least a quart to the radiator. It’s behaving now.
Wire up your DRL wire to that adapter. Find a 15-20 amp fuse. Remove that fuse, but make sure it is a fuse that gets hot when you turn the key on. Then plug the adapter into that fuse location. After that you plug your fuse into the adapter.

Ouch! Damn dealership 😒