Jeep shock bolts headache

I was able to get the drivers side to work. On the passenger side if you have that honeycomb thing above the fenderwell it basically needs to be cut to get the Allen wrench and boxend wrench in there, along with your hand to hold it. It just takes a lot of patience. When installing the AEV 2.5” lift that passenger front shock was the worst parts of the total install.

Reactions: mrjp
I was able to get the drivers side to work. On the passenger side if you have that honeycomb thing above the fenderwell it basically needs to be cut to get the Allen wrench and boxend wrench in there, along with your hand to hold it. It just takes a lot of patience. When installing the AEV 2.5” lift that passenger front shock was the worst parts of the total install.
Wait so they don't make shorter arm allen wrenches? It seems like this allen key thing is the only way to go unless I just use a non nylon nut

Tried trimming the allen wrench that was a disaster. I just took her for a spin. The nylock nuts didn't move. Could it be they're supposed to install like that? Just screw them on until it hits the nylon?

Ok people. This is how you tighten down the bilstein 4600s at the front shock. Pull down the rubber cover, put a rag around the shaft, put vice grips on it so as not to scratch the shaft and tighten it. Worked like a breeze. And now the grommet is thw same width as the washer

IMG_20230217_221956_01.jpg

You’ll get er ol buddy! I think instances like that is why I have OEM tattooed on my ass cheek!🍺🍺

Last edited: