Issue with 2012 Jeep Wrangler

WillKK

Hello,

I purchased a 2012 Jeep Wangler Rubicon (2D) for my soon-to-be 16 yr old son. I have admittedly never been a huge jeep fan (ergo I know nothing about them), but my son loves them and this one had a nice set of mods already done. I got it home after replacing the oil cooler gasket and housing because it was throwing error code P06DD before I bought it. By the time I got it home it threw code P0197. This went away after about 5 miles of driving. I took it in and had it inspected again but was told one of my sensors was a little loose. Everything ran great for me for about 3 days. Last night I was letting the kiddo drive it and the Jeep went into limp mode and the red lightning bolt and CEL came on again. We pulled into Autozone and got the following codes: P1618 Primary, P2122, u1400, u1404, I also see C121C and U0401. I have attached pic of report. I have a limited (7 day) window to return this to the dealership if absolutely necessary. I knew there were likely to be a few issues due to its age and mileage, so I don't mind putting some money into it. It is going to a younger driver as a first vehicle after all. Any help on what may be going on here would be appreciated.
jeep codes.jpg

Reactions: Artisanau
The 2012-2015 had casting issues in the head . They are known too have over heating issues , head problems etc etc . @WestCoastDan purchased a 2015 not to long ago and his heads had to be replaced .
Think the number 3-4 K .
If returning is an option I would do it yesterday .
Just have a positive sit down talk with your son explaining a possible lemon and you guys will continue searching .

Hello,

I purchased a 2012 Jeep Wangler Rubicon (2D) for my soon-to-be 16 yr old son. I have admittedly never been a huge jeep fan (ergo I know nothing about them), but my son loves them and this one had a nice set of mods already done. I got it home after replacing the oil cooler gasket and housing because it was throwing error code P06DD before I bought it. By the time I got it home it threw code P0197. This went away after about 5 miles of driving. I took it in and had it inspected again but was told one of my sensors was a little loose. Everything ran great for me for about 3 days. Last night I was letting the kiddo drive it and the Jeep went into limp mode and the red lightning bolt and CEL came on again. We pulled into Autozone and got the following codes: P1618 Primary, P2122, u1400, u1404, I also see C121C and U0401. I have attached pic of report. I have a limited (7 day) window to return this to the dealership if absolutely necessary. I knew there were likely to be a few issues due to its age and mileage, so I don't mind putting some money into it. It is going to a younger driver as a first vehicle after all. Any help on what may be going on here would be appreciated.View attachment 125266

Take it back! I’m starting to wonder about keeping my 2017. Death wobble, chipping spider gears in my Dana 44, leaking axle seals, 3 out of the four, weeping thermostat housing…52k miles!