Hood / Fender Alignment on 2008 JKU

Tuna

Hey all, and thanks for having me! New member, first time JK owner. Bought this for a fairly good price, knowing I’ll have a bit of work/sweat equity going into it.
Hoping for some pointers on where to start on straightening or realigning the hood to the fenders. Or fenders to the hood… or grill to fenders to hood, lol.
This vehicle was in a front end collision, and I’m hoping there’s no frame issues. It does have restored/salvaged title and was inspected and passed as repaired properly. Any insights?? Passenger side is not as bad as drivers, but similar issue. Not at home for a week or so, but have this one pic.
Thank you in advance!!

8238E0D6-E79F-423C-ADD0-BBF7A7131D76.jpeg

F3E1F797-CCD6-4C3B-939D-A0F98E1CB23D.jpeg

Mmmm I guess would bring to Auto Body Shop first and get the frame checked for straightness .
If the frame checks out than you dismantle hood , grill, flares & fenders to fig out why everything isn’t aligning as it should .

Mmmm I guess would bring to Auto Body Shop first and get the frame checked for straightness .
If the frame checks out then you dismantle hood , grill, flares & fenders to fig out why everything isn’t aligning as it should .
If the frame is checked and straight, you think it’s all in the fenders/hood/grill? Have heard about, and now have a fear about, possible tub being tweaked at the hood mount area…..

Reactions: Speartip
I wonder if that’s the cheapest replacement hood the body shop could get? The proportions seem off. It’s real high front and rear. You shouldn’t see the grill bubble gasket with the hood closed.

I wonder if that’s the cheapest replacement hood the body shop could get? The proportions seem off. It’s real high front and rear. You shouldn’t see the grill bubble gasket with the hood closed.
I had that same thought, I bought from the guy that had it redone (good friend of mine, and was his daily driver for about 5 years) is allegedly oem hood. You think I start with a higher quality hood?

If the frame is checked and straight, you think it’s all in the fenders/hood/grill? Have heard about, and now have a fear about, possible tub being tweaked at the hood mount area…..

It’s really hard to say just looking at pics . It could very well be tub , radiator mounting frame or whatever it’s called could not be sitting right . Which could cause the hood not to sit correctly
You won’t know till you start pulling things off. I’m assuming it will be pretty easy to fig out once things are pulled apart .
The repair part could be a challenge depending on what exactly is going on . But something is def off

Was thinking that a bit as well but the hood is way off from closing correctly . OP mentioned OEM hood but who knows what exactly is on there now as a salvage title .
Not to twist the knife but purchasing a salvage is most def buyer beware hence the good price point .
Hopefully OP figs it out without to much of hassle .