High beam and low beams are reversed with LED headlights

Jmg2012Rubi

New to me 2012 Rubicon. Previouus owner installed LED headlights. Noted at night everyone flashing me for high beams. Seems the hi-low is reversed. I have not explored this yet, but am interested if anyone else has had this issue and how hard to fix it.

Thnx J

A few things come to mind:
  • The headlights are installed upside down
  • The headlights are improperly aimed
Do you know for sure the high beam and low beams are mixed up? Take some photos if you can as that wold help greatly.

Are you basing this solely on other people flashing you or is it definitely brighter when you have low beams on?

First thing I would check is that the previous owner actually adjusted the lights after installation. This is something that should be done whenever you change to new light (not meaning just replacing the bulbs) because they will have a different focus point. Also, if they put a lift on that messes up the aim point for the headlight as well. It is very possible that your normal lights are now angled to point right in peoples eyes.

When I installed LEDs on my JKU, I spent more time adjusting them than the install. Something as seemingly minor as a 2" lift can piss off a lot of night drivers if you don't adjust the beams. But, I had the advantage of being able to mark my headlight alignment on my garage door with the original lights and, once the new ones were in, I used the marks to adjust them. I still took it out on the road and tweaked it, given the fact I was going to a much brighter and better LED.
There are a few decent YouTube vids available that will show you how to align your lights.

I have the same problem whereas the low beam position on controller is high. If I flip the controller to high beam position, the lights are on low beam. Before installing the LEDs, the stock headlights were working fine.

Reactions: Speartip
I have the same problem whereas the low beam position on controller is high. If I flip the controller to high beam position, the lights are on low beam. Before installing the LEDs, the stock headlights were working fine.

I remember someone else having this problem and the wires were switched at the plug from the lights.

Yup it's either headlights are
upside down or wires hooked
up incorrectly .
Love my new LED's with halo
DRL.
Reading reviews on them B4 purchase
1 reviewer noted had installed upside
down at first .
If wired up correctly using internal
or external anti flicker like @FLCoastJK
posted shouldn't have any issues.

Unless you are paying top dollar for your headlights, don't expect them the wiring to 100% accurate. They are 15% the cost for a few reasons. Quality control is one of them. A few of them come out of the factory with the wiring colors mixed around. Good practice is verifying functionality before buttoning every thing up.

Reactions: mrjp and Speartip
If these are the cheaper eBay type lights then yes they are reversed. You have to swap the wires. I did on mine and they work great. You will still have to adjust them down from the stock lights. I am very happy with them.
I swap the wires did nothing & the lights I paid $100. so I bought a new set from another company same thing so I bought campus did not help.

I swap the wires did nothing & the lights I paid $100. so I bought a new set from another company same thing so I bought campus did not help.
Did you change the setting on your Jeep to tell it you're now using LED? You'll need JScan to do it.

I have same problem I reversed the wires did not help so I bought campus installed the light stuck on high beam there's nothing I see that helps.

I just checked my ebay lights because I never checked them before lol. They are wired correctly thank goodness. I don't see how mounting them upside-down makes a difference since it only plugs in one way. I attached a couple pics.
20221222_153320.jpg

20221222_153335.jpg

Reactions: mrjp and BigAL07
I have the Chinese version of Truck Lites..NVL-HL-002. I think they might be upside down. No Detent for Locating the top. Does anyone know if the Headlight should have the Large half on the top or on the bottom???
NUVISION LED.jpg

Reactions: BigAL07 and mrjp
Me too! JLU. There is no wiring to be swapped. The LED bulbs plug in only one way and are backwards. Hi is low, low is hi.

Large part on top just like u got it. Just installed a set just like those. Work perfect. That sux🍺🍺

Reactions: mrjp