High beam and low beams are reversed with LED headlights

I am having the same issue, have lived with it too long and ready for them to work right.. I bought new fog lights so I’m trying to figure out how to fix it, now so my fog lights don’t come on with the brights. Can anyone tell me what’s wrong? Probably came from the factory and need to switch wires but I have no idea which ones need swiched! Thank you!

4F1E27EA-116E-4BE1-B23A-A093BEE2950C.jpeg

4B0CAB15-BF91-41D5-BE35-5C9BE226A9E4.jpeg

25B41586-C737-44CA-BAF2-8A329199F324.jpeg

7EDB403C-48D8-4827-817E-AF7A472E86DF.jpeg

I am having the same issue, have lived with it too long and ready for them to work right.. I bought new fog lights so I’m trying to figure out how to fix it, now so my fog lights don’t come on with the brights. Can anyone tell me what’s wrong? Probably came from the factory and need to switch wires but I have no idea which ones need swiched! Thank you!

The factory settings will turn off the fog lights when you turn your high beams on. You need to change the computer settings using a scanner app like Jscan.

On my Harley I just cut the wires and ran the fogs to a separate switch
All lights in the jeep are controlled by the computer, hence the need to make adjustments in JSCAN.

Fog lights don't come on with the brights because fog lights are designed for fog. Brights are the exact opposite of what you need in fog. I really would suggest running a new wire for your new KC style lights.

Reactions: Danarch and BigAL07
New to me 2012 Rubicon. Previouus owner installed LED headlights. Noted at night everyone flashing me for high beams. Seems the hi-low is reversed. I have not explored this yet, but am interested if anyone else has had this issue and how hard to fix it.

Thnx J

This is a fact that all Chinese made LeD headlights have them reversed. So we will have to change the pins in the light case

This is a fact that all Chinese made LeD headlights have them reversed. So we will have to change the pins in the light case

Didn’t have to alter factory wiring on my import LED’s.. For sure had to add a wire for halo to work as DRL. Used JSCAN to turn off factory DRL. .
Ran a couple wires from turn signal to headlight so Halo’s would flash with turn signals. Worked like they should . Had them on since September . . No issues .
One just has to be selective when researching & purchasing . .As there is some sub par lights and gear out there .
Not everything out of China or Taiwan is junk.

4AE951C9-714B-41FF-8DF0-CADC34687EC9.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Dirty Dog