Heim Joints VS 1 Ton TRE's

• Heim Joint

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 Ton TRE

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PROBLEM CHILD JKU

Alright to begin, hey new member here đź‘‹ and I'm glad to be a part of the forum! I need some insight on picking a good steering setup. I have a 07 JKU and having trouble deciding whether to go with heim joints or 1 ton TRE's. I daily drive my Jeep and also use it off road as much as i can. Can y'all give me any pros and cons besides maintenance on either setup. Thanks!

I think since you offroad the TRE's would be the best because you can keep grease in them. The grease helps push out water and dirt when you grease them.

Reactions: PROBLEM CHILD JKU
I agree with the above for sure.

I believe these guys make one of the better steering setups for the JKs:

Reactions: PROBLEM CHILD JKU
TRE. There are applications for both, but in your layout, a Heim joint will take a lot, lot more maintenance. TREs you grease like both of the above agreed, and that is the maintenance. Heim might provide a tiny bit more performance, but that would only be beneficial in you're competing hard core somehow, and had a crew tightening and cleaning the joint all the time. We have them on hunting buggies in West Texas, like Dune Buggy type things, and they get regular maintenance, I still wish we had TREs (everything out there has a nasty thorn, so anything rubber gets shredded in about 30 seconds, ha) but the boots get shredded.