Got a new to me Rubi

Tank Rubi

Hello. So I traded in my JL sport for a 2015 JKUR today. I’m not new to Jeeps. This is my 6th or 7th one. Had JK’s before and a few JL’s. Always sports though. I needed more room so 4 door it was this time. Thought about another JL or even ordering a new one. But I always lift/modify my Jeeps. Also wanted a simpler Jeep. So found a used one with 76k miles. It’s clean and in good condition. Anyways, back to the JK life lol. Ohh and it’s a manual 👿 Here’s a pic of it

8CD88350-2269-4D31-B5A4-CEDC25F142F3.jpeg

8D75416E-65B6-40D8-A9A8-9FDB517A78D6.jpeg

Congrats! Just got my 2017 about a month ago (replacing a 2005 TJUR). Jealous you have a manual, but my Jeep checked all the boxes except that one and I am actually enjoying the automatic...to me honest.

Reactions: mrjp
Great color and probably a good call. The JL went up in value (as all Jeeps have) but you probably made a little chunk of change on the way back to a JKUR......or maybe broke even, as you did mention 2drs. Either way, cheers on the purchase! And double the cheers on a manual.

Hello. So I traded in my JL sport for a 2015 JKUR today. I’m not new to Jeeps. This is my 6th or 7th one. Had JK’s before and a few JL’s. Always sports though. I needed more room so 4 door it was this time. Thought about another JL or even ordering a new one. But I always lift/modify my Jeeps. Also wanted a simpler Jeep. So found a used one with 76k miles. It’s clean and in good condition. Anyways, back to the JK life lol. Ohh and it’s a manual 👿 Here’s a pic of it

View attachment 120953

View attachment 120954
Does the 6-speed have the sub-woofer in the back under the carpet? I have a 2015 JKUR and the I had to put a full-sized carpet over the back because I was afraid of dirt falling into the sub-woofer area. Trying to figure out if I should just take it out- will make a great place to keep some storage.

Reactions: Speartip
Does the 6-speed have the sub-woofer in the back under the carpet? I have a 2015 JKUR and the I had to put a full-sized carpet over the back because I was afraid of dirt falling into the sub-woofer area. Trying to figure out if I should just take it out- will make a great place to keep some storage.

Sounds like you don’t have factory sub . Factory subs cane in vertical enclosure at the very back , passenger side
Is your sub mounted on top of the rear storage compartment?
Here’s a pic pulled off internet of factory type enclosure . Will take a pic of mine in the AM to give you better idea
786DAC53-43D3-4276-BBFC-74427F9286C1.png

There were some models that had the sub mounted in the floor. My brother-in-law had one, and I think he had a '15 or '16 at the time. I wonder if the design engineer who thought that was a good idea still has a job.
My '14 has the sub on the passenger side, upright.

There were some models that had the sub mounted in the floor. My brother-in-law had one, and I think he had a '15 or '16 at the time. I wonder if the design engineer who thought that was a good idea still has a job.
I had a 2015 JKUS and the sub-woofer was mounted on the side in the cargo area, but the Rubicon is mounted in the floorboard in the cargo area, doesn't make any sense at all. My Sport was totaled, so I took the carpet from there and used it to put over the sub-woofer for now. It gets so dusty back there and I didn't want a bunch of dust getting down in there plus I collect a lot of rocks in the desert and they break off from bouncing around. One of these days I am going to take it out, but wanted to see what other owners have done.

I had a 2015 JKUS and the sub-woofer was mounted on the side in the cargo area, but the Rubicon is mounted in the floorboard in the cargo area, doesn't make any sense at all. My Sport was totaled, so I took the carpet from there and used it to put over the sub-woofer for now. It gets so dusty back there and I didn't want a bunch of dust getting down in there plus I collect a lot of rocks in the desert and they break off from bouncing around. One of these days I am going to take it out, but wanted to see what other owners have done.
There is a subwoofer delete kit for the side-mounted subs, but I've not seen one for the floor-mounted.

Read this thread.... some funny posts in here, too.

https://www.wranglerforum.com/threads/debris-in-subwoofer-how-to-remove.1601521/

Huh, really . Thought all subs were on passenger side back corner . Learn something new everyday

I understand your concern about dirt and whatever on the sub .
Maybe get a vertical sub enclosure and mount in the back corner like many of us have .
Than you regain the floor storage . Make a hatch out of 1/8” plywood . Cover hatch with carpet .
Good to go 😊

Reactions: Cactusjumper23
Welcome! I love my 2015 6sp Rubi! The thing is awesome. Yes my stock subwoofer is in the floorboard. installed the AEV 2.5 lift and away we goooooo! Actually in my opinion if some one is going to off road in the long run a quality lift really is a money saver. I am amazed at the difference 2.5” (netted over 3”) made.

Reactions: mrjp and Speartip