Fun! P0520 oil pressure sensor

New dilemma: my go-to mechanic doesnt want to risk going in to replace the sensor and housing because he says there's "a chance" I screwed up when I did my lifters and rockers, thus causing the issue. 😳 Which in my opinion is BS, because I did it in Aug and have been driving it since with no problems.

I asked him if he could test the sensor once we remove it and his excuse is that it's too small to really test and may be too fragile. Seriously! Then I ask can we check the pressure someway, maybe with an OBD scanner, and he said the computer relies on the sensor and he has nowhere to connect and check pressure- So basically, NO, he doesn't want to do it. He ultimately admitted that if he goes in and replaces the sensor and the housing and the light continues to illuminate, I will not be a happy customer. Which he's correct.

So either I use one of my other two mechanics or I do it myself. FML!

• Sad
Reactions: mrjp and MacGuyver
UPDATE:

Dropped it off at a shop yesterday, MLK day. It was one of the three (which includes my family mechanic, who turned me down) shops that I spoke with after the CEL popped up. This particular mechanic said he does this fix very regularly. Enough so that he keeps an oil housing in stock at all times. When I dropped off the JK he pulled two housings out of a box he tore open in front of me. Go figure. Another "common" JK issue. 😵‍💫

Got the call about a half hour ago that it's fixed and ready to go. No codes upon scanning, and nothing out of the ordinary. So I'll be back to chime in again if it's 100%, in about 100 to 200 miles of driving.

Cheers.