Frame Off Crawler (Everything Comes Off)

Oh yea we're at the good stuff!!!
Lol

I was going to ask you if the centerline of the Cummins will also make the engine mounts an exact even distance within the frame?
20201125_192118.jpg

I doubt if they will be a even distance neither one of my 12v's are, but you will want the center of the crank and in the front and rear to be in the center of the rear pinion yoke. That way your driveshaft will be in a straight line from the transfercase.

Reactions: Whitesandstitan
I doubt if they will be a even distance neither one of my 12v's are, but you will want the center of the crank and in the front and rear to be in the center of the rear pinion yoke. That way your driveshaft will be in a straight line from the transfercase.
Thanks, seems like it wants to sit closer to the passenger side.

Thanks, seems like it wants to sit closer to the passenger side.

My 96 F350 the engine sits to the right about 1.5" because Ford puts the pinion in the rear axle to the right. Main thing you want it in a straight line with the pinion. Won't be putting the turbo to close to the battery will it? But you can always relocate the battery, I put my dual Optimas under the rear seat in the Blazer. Wanted to keep as much weight off the front as possible.

My 96 F350 the engine sits to the right about 1.5" because Ford puts the pinion in the rear axle to the right. Main thing you want it in a straight line with the pinion. Won't be putting the turbo to close to the battery will it? But you can always relocate the battery, I put my dual Optimas under the rear seat in the Blazer. Wanted to keep as much weight off the front as possible.
I will double check the rear axle, I am pretty sure its center. Batteries won't be an issue. No Bueno doing this part alone.

Reactions: Chris
I got the engine mounts made. I used 2.5" by 3/16" square tube with a 3/16" plate topper. Had to put a hole on the side to access the engine mount nut. While the frame is under I am going to mock up and tack all of the control arm brackets.

Black Friday sales made me order stuff I was going to fab myself.
20201127_145626.jpg
20201127_155534.jpg
20201127_155611.jpg
20201127_173208.jpg

Those mounts are nice but a set of 2nd Gen 12v mounts would be a better ride and less vibration. But also more money unless you found a used set.

I need to take some pictures of what was done to the frame.

I decided to chop the back half off and fab my own. I also chopped all if the body mounts off and make those as well.

I got the back of the frame on and now it has been sitting for about a month.

Black Friday and Christmas sales, I ordered 2 sets of coilover shocks towers and lots of other goodies. I was going to make them from tube but I couldn't beat the price vs. my tube cost.

I realized very quickly that the second I weld in even a single tower that I would need to lift the body about 3 ft off the ground to get the frame in and out. Which is why it has been sitting.

Well I bought a sweet lift last week, picked up the drill bits needed for the concrete yesterday. Hopefully I can get it installed real soon.

Also been putting most my hours in to my huge saltwater aquariums.

Reactions: mrjp
Last edited:
Now your garage space is really going to be tight, but at least it will be easier to work on projects. Is the lift supports about 4' tall, i've never seen any that low. Of course with a 8' ceiling you can't have then much taller.
They are about 5.5' tall, with my 9' ceilings I will at least have enough run to get the frame in and out easier. I will only have enough room to sit up under everything when using otherwise.