Frame Off Crawler (Everything Comes Off)

Started some of the frame work. Which had me thinking. Uh oh right?

So out of the eight body mounts 4 of them, the bolts needed to be cut off. 1st off the way these things are designed is worthless and ridiculous. Ever see a video where a JK body flies off the chassis while offroading, it's legit.

• Wow
Reactions: mrjp
Ordered my bumper. Which is a weld together kit that also welds to the frame. Yes, this is intentional since it will serve as my new front cross member. It was the last one apparently.

I realized while going over my frame that I will most likely be cutting out every single cross member (one at a time, while upgrading etc)

I should have just built a tube frame. If I had a shop with real space and a frame table I certainly would have.
Screenshot_20201104-111718_Chrome.jpg

From what I can see from the pictures your work space isn't to much bigger then your Jeep.

Once that bumper is welded on it should outlast the Jeep.

Reactions: mrjp
This. This is why I joined this forum. To draw inspiration from gearheads like myself and see what others are building. Stoked for your build, man. Looking like it will be a beast.

Quick peak at the Turbo 400 bolted to the NP203 and NP205 doubler kit before it gets bolted to the Cummins to figure out frame mounts
From what I can see from the pictures your work space isn't to much bigger then your Jeep.

Once that bumper is welded on it should outlast the Jeep.
It is a small space, I agree the Jeep will rot away long before the rest of the build.

Reactions: mrjp and BLACKJKU
Cutting and grinding like crazy. Got lots of the brackets cut off and cleaned up. I need to order some tubing for the new cross members and start mocking that up this week. If you're wondering how much I took off just look under the front of your JK. 😆
20201108_173801.jpg

Cutting and grinding like crazy. Got lots of the brackets cut off and cleaned up. I need to order some tubing for the new cross members and start mocking that up this week. If you're wondering how much I took off just look under the front of your JK. 😆
View attachment 117215
Should make packaging easier! Holy moly!

It's been raining for about a week straight, so I haven't been doing too much on the build (too humid in the garage).
I did pick up steel tubing for my cross members, I have 2x2 and 2x4. Going to order a full 4x8 sheet of 3/16" to cut my gussets and what not from.

I also ordered an inexpensive yet nice looking plasma cutter from the eBoy store. I don't expect much out of it but the YouTube reviews look quite hopeful.

I also ordered some awesome looking brackets from Ballistic Fab. I should get a sponsorship from them since most of my stuff came from there. Yeah right!

Pics of actual goods and work coming soon to a thread near you!

20201112_202531.jpg

Been waiting on a ton of parts to come in. Made the transmission crossmember and picked up a sheet of 3/16" to fab some brackets and gussets today. Picked up a JKU the other day to fix up for my wife and daughter. It will be getting the 3.8 from the Crawler build and also the transmission as the girls don't want the standard. Picked up a nice Hardtop off a Rubicon today to put on it from a local Jeeper. I will be fabing both front and rear bumpers for it from scratch.

20201117_134111.jpg

20201120_135346.jpg

Reactions: Chris and mrjp