Does this setup plan seem solid?

camptonville_jkus

Hey y'all,

Longtime Jeep owner but newbie to this forum. Glad to be here.

I am finally planning to do a lift and tire/wheel upgrade on my (completely) stock 2015 JKUS. After a ton of research and discussion with local NorCal shops, here's what I have planned:
  • MetalCloak Jeep JK Wrangler 2.5" True Dual Rate Lift Kit with Fox Shocks
  • Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T Tires (35X12.50R17LT)
  • Method Race Wheels 305 NV in Matte Black
I plan to use my Jeep mostly as a daily driver, but I'll also do a little bit of wheeling and plenty of driving in the snow in Tahoe (a major reason I am going with the Mickey Thompson's).

Does this sound like a solid setup? Anyone have any concerns on how it'll look or perform?

Thanks in advance. Plan to post some pics once the work is done.

Reactions: techjeeper
Hey y'all,

Longtime Jeep owner but newbie to this forum. Glad to be here.

I am finally planning to do a lift and tire/wheel upgrade on my (completely) stock 2015 JKUS. After a ton of research and discussion with local NorCal shops, here's what I have planned:
  • MetalCloak Jeep JK Wrangler 2.5" True Dual Rate Lift Kit with Fox Shocks
  • Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T Tires (35X12.50R17LT)
  • Method Race Wheels 305 NV in Matte Black
I plan to use my Jeep mostly as a daily driver, but I'll also do a little bit of wheeling and plenty of driving in the snow in Tahoe (a major reason I am going with the Mickey Thompson's).

Does this sound like a solid setup? Anyone have any concerns on how it'll look or perform?

Thanks in advance. Plan to post some pics once the work is done.

Do you know what gears you have, you'll need at least 4.10"s?

Overall seems decent. As @BLACKJKU said check your gears.

Keep in mind you “may” need adjustable LCA’s, or a drop bracket, the rear track bar may need to be replaced or use a relocation bracket for it, the front sway bar links mostly likely will need to be replaced or some sort of bracket adapter for them. Check your brake lines, the stock should be long enough, but may need to be modified some. On mine used a relocation bracket at the rear. On the front I removed the factory brake line from the bracket and used an aftermarket mounting bracket by Teraflex that mounts to the bottom shock mount bolt.

Reactions: BLACKJKU
I run that lift on my 13. If you have or plan to get a winch/bumper I recommend getting 3.5” front springs. I wish I would have, as it is I have a sagging front end