Does 11 MPG seem right?

I have a 2007 JKU and I put on a 3.5 lift and 35-inch tires and now I'm getting around 11 MPG does that seem right? or do you think something else is the problem?
18 MPG off-road is what my JK Rubicon gets. My 'stock' Rubicon. And that's probably because off-road in Arizona consists of 80% two-wheel drive and the rest is stuff Jeeps crawl through while the RAZR gang do it at 40 MPH.
By the way, my MPG is both my never reset dashboard and confirmed by using arithmetic and before and after fill-up receipts.
I think you can reset tire sizes and stuff on your JKU's computer.

I have an 09 Rubicon with 4.10s and 35s. When I first got it, I was getting around 13 mpg. I noticed that my transmission fluid was overfilled so I sucked some out and now get closer to 16 mpg.

I wonder if your steering gear box could be tightened. It’s easy to do, I’m sure you can find a video. Your pitman arm should not be rolling like that.

Last edited:
I drove mine today and it said it was at 15.4 mpg and it's got 4:10 with 35`s I usually set thee cruise at 68 - 70 on the freeway

• Haha
Reactions: Hooperdog
I've got 35s on mine and bought the Superchips basic specifically to recalibrate for the larger diameter tires. Worked great and very simple to use.
Without recalibrating, the speedometer, mileage calculator, and transmission are getting false speed data. Your shift points will be all screwed up and speedometer will be wrong.
same one I use works great....

I drove mine today and it said it was at 15.4 mpg and it's got 4:10 with 35`s I usually set thee cruise at 68 - 70 on the freeway
70 lmao get blown off the road here in Mi going 70... I got 15mpg (200 mile trip) with 37's / 456 cruise set at 75 which I think is worse. 6 speed manual.. and at 75 I was the hold up ....

• Wow
Reactions: mrjp