Body control module

Looks like I can get a new one for about $50 so going to give it a shot. Going to do some googling to see if that is something I can change myself. Keep ya posted!

Reactions: BLACKJKU and JerryD
Just wanted to give everyone an update. I ordered and received a new clock spring for $50 and installed it today. There's a couple good videos on YouTube that helped alot. Everything is working great! Horns, turns, wipers, headlights, etc... one thing I noticed after pulling the steering wheel off, is it has been pulled before. Threads on the bolt were pretty buggered up to where they almost looked stripped. Hopefully no more issues now. Jeep week starts next weekend here in Daytona and I definitely want to be ready )

Just wanted to give everyone an update. I ordered and received a new clock spring for $50 and installed it today. There's a couple good videos on YouTube that helped alot. Everything is working great! Horns, turns, wipers, headlights, etc... one thing I noticed after pulling the steering wheel off, is it has been pulled before. Threads on the bolt were pretty buggered up to where they almost looked stripped. Hopefully no more issues now. Jeep week starts next weekend here in Daytona and I definitely want to be ready )

Thanks for giving us a update it could help someone else.

On a side note. I noticed that my dome lights no longer come on when opening the door. Could this have something to do with disconnecting the battery when I changed the clock spring?

On a side note. I noticed that my dome lights no longer come on when opening the door. Could this have something to do with disconnecting the battery when I changed the clock spring?
Are you sure you didn't turn them off on the stalk? This is the off position.

20240413_170538.jpg

Reactions: BLACKJKU