Bluetooth radio issue

supergus1

I typically stream Pandora from my Android phone through the stock radio. I noticed that every time I turn the ignition off and then back on the radio defaults to FM, and it's loud AF. is this normal? Shouldn't it retain the previous music source?

I have a 2008 . Mine reverts back to last source on start up . Weather radio or aux same with volume . I hsve an iPad mini with music library plugged into AUX .

I typically stream Pandora from my Android phone through the stock radio. I noticed that every time I turn the ignition off and then back on the radio defaults to FM, and it's loud AF. is this normal? Shouldn't it retain the previous music source?
I do the same. The sound quality from a streaming source is far better than satellite radio.
Without making this too long...
No. The source is the device, not the Jeep, so it defaults to FM because bluetooth takes a couple seconds to link to your device.
When you stream from your device to the radio, once the radio and device connect, you do not have volume control on the streamed channel for a couple seconds. A pop up will show on your touch screen that says "Remote Allow" and that's when the volume is linked between the 2 devices.
Your device and the radio volume work in tandem, and the radio volume control is more sensitive.
Make sense?

I don’t use the BT as I have cable routed from the center console, under the carpet, up the side under the dash and daylights at the phone holder on top and plug in the cable, have music and charging it. With this setup sometimes the radio goes back to FM and other times stays on “device” setting. Sometimes it will start playing as soon as I plug in the cable, other times I have to select a playlist, or switch from FM to device. It is just random.

I do the same. The sound quality from a streaming source is far better than satellite radio.
Without making this too long...
No. The source is the device, not the Jeep, so it defaults to FM because bluetooth takes a couple seconds to link to your device.
When you stream from your device to the radio, once the radio and device connect, you do not have volume control on the streamed channel for a couple seconds. A pop up will show on your touch screen that says "Remote Allow" and that's when the volume is linked between the 2 devices.
Your device and the radio volume work in tandem, and the radio volume control is more sensitive.
Make sense?
What you say makes sense, it's just that with every other vehicle I've had when the vehicle was started Pandora would automatically play.