Bilstein 4600 Shock Replacements on Jeep Wrangler JK 2008. Front Nylock problem solved.

longlivenintendo

JK Enthusiast

Hey everyone I just wanted to make this thread to hopefully help other people better who have had this same problem with these shocks or shocks installed in a similar way. When I encountered the problem of how to tighten down the nylock lock nut I looked up online in forums, youtube, and even on the amazon page of everyone saying that they had to use Allen wrenches, cutting their jeep with dremel tools to get an allen wrench in there to stop the shaft from spinning to tighten down the nut etc. etc. Well here is hopefully a helpful less time consuming, less damaging solution to the problem that can help make this a much less difficult and time consuming task. Of course, be careful, use discretion, and all the above.

In short, use a rag and use vice grips to prevent the shaft from spinning as you turn the lock nut. The rag is super important to not damage the shaft. Use a 17mm ratchet wrench to make the process easier. Good luck!

Here are some photos too associated with the project! What the old shocks looked like and the old bolts I replaced.

20230217_230458.jpg

20230217_230518.jpg

20230217_103907.jpg