2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara radio harness diagram

MightyJackstar

Help, please! I am trying to replace the head unit in my 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara and the replacement device has a different harness plug than the stock Jeep radio. I need a diagram of either the wiring colors, or of the 22-pin plug so I can match the wire up. I've got the wiring diagram for the replacement plug.

I have searched Google endlessly and I am frustrated to the point of tears. Help, please, if you can.

I did some more research and, as much as old soul hates it, technology has changed enough that I'm going to have to get an interface device.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Jacquelinne
Sometimes technology is wonderful and then there's the times when it really sucks!! 🥃🥃

Reactions: BigAL07
With a Wiring diagram you can wire the radio up, but things such as the steering wheel controls, USB needs other equipment to work correctly. Just replaced mine unit and ordered the parts, just didn’t want to try and figure it all out, plus wanted to keep the steering wheel features, the USB in the center console etc. It is still being self sufficient, but sometimes we need to buy the right parts.

Reactions: BigAL07
I agree it's a good call to get an interface. One place you can go in the future for wiring diagrams might be your local library. Not as good as the factory manual, but most libraries have access to an online auto repair database - all you need is a library card (login). And welcome ;)

Reactions: BigAL07 and mrjp
I am happy to say my new Dual Electronics XDCPA10BT 7" head unit is installed and working perfectly. And with the PAC RP4-CH11 device the steering wheel controls are doing exactly what they are supposed to do.

That along with the MPC Remote Start unit installed and starting like a charm and I have made the first two major mods to my Jeep.

If the weather warms up tomorrow I may try to install a backup camera, but with the current weather pattern here in Southeast Iowa it may have to wait until it warms up since I don't have a garage.

Thank you for your suggestions and assistance.

Jacquelinne