2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Issues: No Start, Clicking Relay

Muffin

Ok whole lot of info to dump, but at my wits end and ready to let the Hurricane take it away!
Bought this Jeep in June, as of day 2, code gremlins began.
Misfires in Cyl 3 & 5. Replaced plugs, coils, & fuel injectors. Still was misfiring and also started getting air/fuel ratio imbalance bank 1. But all codes would randomly clear themselves. Researched on here and started swapping sensors: Manifold absolute pressure sensor (map), Camshaft position sensor, Crankshaft sensor, Air charge sensor.
All was good for about a week, misfire codes came and went. Then got code for closed circuit injector 5 (sorry can't remember code). Was set to take to a shop that specializes in electrical/diagnostic when it went full limp mode while driving. All codes cleared but new one came up U110B.
Thinking a bad TCM could be cause of all the code gremlins, bought a new OEM, had it flashed to my VIN. Programming took, but when went to start, Auto Shut Off relay began clicking and drained the battery. Checked here, most said a bad battery could cause. New battery, issue remains. Won't start and can't keep power long enough to grab codes.
Like I said, ready to let this hurricane have it!
Any ideas??!! Many thanks in advance.

Clamps were clean and even checked for any corrosion under the wire covering. Dont believe they are the original clamps, but doubt are HD ones. "Adds to cart".
Add on info: I did notice when went to start after putting new battery in "vehicle not in park" had returned (from before new tcm was programmed). Talked to the guy that programmed it and he said it was reading "no communication with PCM" but TCM was programmed & not in park had cleared. So not sure why that is back again. Am going to start at the wires off fuse box and slowly check each one.
Am I right in this thinking ... if it is the Auto Shut Off relay tripping, bad wire must be one connected to there? (Which is what, fuel pump, ignition, & ?) Wouldn't other relays or fuses be going wonky if was other wires?
Am a hands on girly and have managed all repairs myself up until now. Haven't had to deal with electrical issues before.

Some of us including myself will add a extra ground from the battery to the alternator, bad missing grounds are one of the biggest electrical causes.

If you thing the ASD relay is causing a problem swap it with another one in the fuse box that is the same, or buy a new one for it.

It's good to hear that your not afraid to get your hands dirty and want to learn how to do your own repairs.

Reactions: Muffin
Some of us including myself will add a extra ground from the battery to the alternator, bad missing grounds are one of the biggest electrical causes.

If you thing the ASD relay is causing a problem swap it with another one in the fuse box that is the same, or buy a new one for it.

It's good to hear that your not afraid to get your hands dirty and want to learn how to do your own repairs.

Sorry, forgot to add that in there. Did swap around the relays and no matter which one is put in ASD slot, it clicks, so relays themselves are good, that slot is bad or whichever wires is connected to it.
Thanks! Was raised helping Dad rebuild motors and cars, alas the old carb days though 😀

Reactions: BLACKJKU
Sorry, forgot to add that in there. Did swap around the relays and no matter which one is put in ASD slot, it clicks, so relays themselves are good, that slot is bad or whichever wires is connected to it.
Thanks! Was raised helping Dad rebuild motors and cars, alas the old carb days though 😀

I've convinced myself that if I ever have engine or alot of electrical issues it's going simple with a GM engine or a Cummins 4bt.

Reactions: Muffin
My biggest complaint about the factory electrical system (after the shitty battery clamps, that is!) is that all of the sensors rely on the same 5V source signal from the ECU/TIPM.
This means that a wiring issue can put you on the hunt for the root cause in places where it isn't.

Take a look at this post: https://wranglerjkforum.net/threads/limp-mode.32181/post-466190
and consider removing your intake to examine the wiring harness at the oil pressure sensor.

The intermittent shorting at this connector had me ready to tow it to trade it in.

My biggest complaint about the factory electrical system (after the shitty battery clamps, that is!) is that all of the sensors rely on the same 5V source signal from the ECU/TIPM.
This means that a wiring issue can put you on the hunt for the root cause in places where it isn't.

Take a look at this post: https://wranglerjkforum.net/threads/limp-mode.32181/post-466190
and consider removing your intake to examine the wiring harness at the oil pressure sensor.

The intermittent shorting at this connector had me ready to tow it to trade it in.

Thankfully those wires all looked fine. Checked them when did plugs, coils, injectors.
Waiting for storm to pass and then it's time to wire hunt!

Will have to search if anyone has a post about doing this. May be my next project while checking wiring.