2011 JKU no electrical power, dash start, etc.

Brad

Supporting Member
142k on the clock. A few weeks ago the Jeep cut off no power inside at all. The only added feature is a couple of lights; they came on. This lasted like 20 sec (like a breaker reset). Clock & computer reset Jeep started fine. The other day it did the same thing. Today as it sat for about 2 days it's like battery is dead. No lights dash or otherwise, no crank, locks, radio, wipers and so on. I tested the battery 92% charged checked good 723 cca. I pulled out the test light no power on fuses: All "M" fuse numbers 6, 8, 15, 33, 34, 37, & 38. Cable ends are cleaned, I pulled several electrical plugs checked grounds added grounds with jumper cables. When I open the door(s) nothing at all; no interior lights, no clock, no dash aka OD door ajar, head tail brake lights. The only thing that will come on is the after market lights that are on a separate connection to the battery (fused & relayed).
Thanks in advance.

Did you check your ground from the battery? Could be a bad ground somewhere. The added lights might be connected directly to the battery which is why they function.

Reactions: Brad and Lxxtsy
Yes I did check the ground at the battery post also. The lights are wired to the battery but to the acc. stud not on the clamping nut. I'm surprised when I purchased this Jeep that it was done right. I pulled the fuse to them too.

How did you check your battery that showed it was 92% charged?

What was the volts of the battery? Should be around 12.2 to 12.5v.

Did you take the cable off the TIPM that comes from the battery and clean it up?

Also those K relays did you check them?

K1 is a run/accessory K3 starter solenoid K4 run/start

Also did you check to see if you have power at the big cable on the starter?

Almost sounds like it could be a TIPM problem.

Reactions: hhsadlup and Brad
I've not clean that one I will do that (had 12+ volts there). I'll check the K relays, starter feed and clean the TIPM power. I will try to post a pic or so. I mean it is like the battery is disconnected nothing at all lights up or dings. I did check my battery tester on another battery & hooked up jumper cables to make sure I'm dealing with a good battery.

I hate to say this but after cleaning the TIPM cable and still nothing my guess is the TIPM is the problem.

Thank you all. Sometimes I over think things. I swap relays cleaned the TIPM post and was checking grounds. I wasn't getting continuity to the negative post in the center (used clamp on 2-1 cable last time). Simple over look on the ground clamp. The 2nd time I inspected the acc. stud.

The stud on the bottom side was corroded from the bottom. Cleaned good bam there it was. I should've done it right the 1st time.

Thank you for your time.