Yet another cracked windshield

I think that I've noticed in the past is that the size of the tires I'm running directly effects how many rocks I'm getting.

I used to have a 14 RHD for mail delivery. (RIP) and because I would get rocks all the time. It had the smaller tires sizes of the sport. I think they were 225/75/16s. Basically 29". when I moved to my current Rubicon I got a couple rocks on the screen at first, but them following a lift and 33" tires the rocks have pretty much stopped. I think the rocks are getting thrown forward off the top of the tires between the fender and bumper, and then arcing back to the windshield. I watched a rock do this once.

I have no scientific proof of anything, but that has been my experience.

I have a feeling this is a reason the JL sport have that plastic gap filler at this location.

Don't know for sure but the hood still wiggles around a little at freeway speeds.

Installed these a few weeks back:
1607970799498.png

My hood doesn't move at all at 80mph on the interstate.

Reactions: mrjp
Lot's of JL people complaining cuz more & more car people are switching over to Jeeps... They are not used to the norm of chipped windshields.. I agree with Chris, I've only had 1 on my TJ and it was from my tow vehicle throwing a rock up there I think...
I did notice my JK does not have the OEM Jeep windshield with the little Jeep logo on it :-( previous owner must've replaced with cheaper one. I'll replace with OEM once needed.. Happy Friday :cool:

Can anyone give me a cost of replacing the jk windshield without using insurance? Last time I replaced one I owned a tj and I believe it was $300 that was years ago 😬
Sure we can. But it will be meaningless, unless the person doing so happens to work in a windshield shop in your area. Because the prices vary widely. Here's a crazy idea. Try calling shops in your area. Or check out their web sites. Not only will you get numbers that actual have meaning, you'll get them WAY faster...
Here's a place to start...

https://www.safelite.com/

I've used the local shop a couple times. The web site will find your nearest store, quote you a price, and schedule the replacement.

Reactions: Speartip
Sure we can. But it will be meaningless, unless the person doing so happens to work in a windshield shop in your area. Because the prices vary widely. Here's a crazy idea. Try calling shops in your area. Or check out their web sites. Not only will you get numbers that actual have meaning, you'll get them WAY faster...
Here's a place to start...

https://www.safelite.com/

I've used the local shop a couple times. The web site will find your nearest store, quote you a price, and schedule the replacement.

Yup Exactamendo . That’s what I was thinking but couldn’t bother to write a response as was kinda thinking WTF . Haha

Reactions: Dirty Dog