Will a soft top from a 2010 Unlimited Sahara fit on a 2008 Unlimited Sahara?

Any JK Soft top will fit on any JK, provided the number of doors match.

However, the fabric and the door surrounds need to match the frame. Replacing windows is pretty specific as well.

I recently bought a 2013 soft top and put it on my 2009. Came with all the hardware, don't forget to make sure you get the screws that bolt the top to the roll cage.

It was either 2010 or 2011 I think, that they got rid of the channel door surrounds and moved to the cable tension type.

I want to ask a related question. I recently bought a replacement top for my 2009 JK 4 door. My original top has the door channel. The replacement came with the cable tension system. Can I install it? The size seems the same.? Not sure why they sent this type.

Did you just get the fabric? The door surrounds are different, and I think the frame is a bit different. I'm unsure if a newer style top will fit on the older style frame, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't.

If the replacement came with frame you are mostly good. If it came with frame and door surrounds, you are golden.

It did not come with the frame. I just ordered the fabric. The site listed the top as 2007-2018. It is a Smittybilt. Never asked for a specific year. I agree it won't fit but I was curious if anyone has ever made it work. I can't return it. My research tells me at 2010 the JK switched to the spring system. Thanks for the reply.

Will a soft top from a 2010 Unlimited Sahara fit on a 2008 Unlimited Sahara?
I’m going to say yes . I would think that 2007-2011 just about everything is interchangeable as long as same amount of doors .
The 2012 to 2018 same thing . Where in lies the rub is not everything from 2011 will fit a 2012 and vica versa. I see after market companies saying will fit 07-18. It’s not always the case . Totally depends on the component..
But as I mentioned in your case should be good .

Might be worth your time to watch craigslist for a cheap top that includes the frame, especially if their fabric is messed up. I really doubt you could get it to stretch properly, though I'm unsure how smitty tops are.

And you are right, the big soft top change happened for the 2010 model year. Windows are a different size, the brackets that connect the top to the jeep are different and as you know, the tensioning system is different. Through all of this, the Jeep itself stayed exactly the same, at least with regard to the tops.

Reactions: mrjp