Whining issues on 2014 JK 3.6L

Commandermoonmoon

Hey all!
Super new here and to jeeping in general. I'm looking to add to garage and I spotted a 2014 Jeep that's in really great condition minus an odd whine that comes in.

It's an automatic transmission 3.6L
The whine came in around 2500-3000rpm when accelerating and only in 1st and 2nd gear.

I could not get it to make the same Noise when the car was parked and in neutral just revving the engine.

Does anybody know what this issue might be? I heard some things about alternator whine or possibly tensioner pulleys but I wanted to cast a wider net to see if anybody has had problems with this before!

Thank you!

If it was something on the front of the engine as your stating it should do it sitting still or moving. When it only does it when moving it makes me think transmission.

If you really want it and a good price you could have a shop inspect it before buying it.

Personally, with an issue like that I would 100% have a PPI (pre-purchase inspection) done before buying it.

When I hear of whining only only when moving, I either thing of the transmission or differentials. Hard to say which one without inspecting it, but a good PPI would uncover the cause most certainly.

Oh man, you dodged a bullet! A PPI is definitely worth it and can be a real life saver.

Thanks for the update! A transmission repair wouldn't have been cheap.