What 2.5" lift are you running?

Threepointsix

JK Enthusiast
I need to replace my rear shocks but noted that all my springs are looking really gnarly and they're easily 10 years old. So, figured Id replace them and maybe drop the height from 3.5/4 inches to 2.5 inches.

So I'm looking for real world feedback on either the AEV 2.5 kit or the JKS Jspec 2.5" kit. Heck, I even considered the 3 inch zone since I've got that on my jeep TJ and I've had exceptional results and a fantastic ride since install.

I welcome any feedback or suggestions. Cheers all ✅

EDIT: my JK will only see fire roads and almost always highway and suburban roads on a daily.

AEV 2.5" on a 2dr with geometry correction brackets. Great handling without a lot of additional changes needed. Had 35's on it for a few years, just got 315 70r17s on it a few months ago. The AEV kit is dialed in right. @Danarch said in his writeup that he did not install the geo brackets and has experienced some squirrelyness braking hard. I maybe have a touch of that, but I attribute it to the slightly higher CoG. TBH. I only do mild stuff so haven't had any clearance issues, except one trail during a Jamboree. Maybe I'm just more careful picking my line now.

AEV 2.5" on a 2dr with geometry correction brackets. Great handling without a lot of additional changes needed. Had 35's on it for a few years, just got 315 70r17s on it a few months ago. The AEV kit is dialed in right. @Danarch said in his writeup that he did not install the geo brackets and has experienced some squirrelyness braking hard. I maybe have a touch of that, but I attribute it to the slightly higher CoG. TBH. I only do mild stuff so haven't had any clearance issues, except one trail during a Jamboree. Maybe I'm just more careful picking my line now.
Appreciate your feedback ✅ Seems like the 'best' kit option with the only exception being it does net more height than expected on most Jeeps. I def want to be under the 3" mark. I may hit just that with my aftermarket bumpers, hardtop and winch. If you happen to have any photos, please post one, if you don't mind. Thanks for chiming in

Here's mine before the spare delete and with the old wheel + tire combo:

4129EC48-59E1-4430-B87A-B701B3128137.jpeg

Reactions: BLACKJKU and mrjp
I have a Teraflex 2.5 and it stayed relatively close to that height until I added the new front bumper, which is somewhere in the neighborhood of 80lbs, so my front end dropped. I also run my tires at around 30psi, so my all-around average lift nets about 2" with 35" tires.

This is a better pic.... from this morning...

Jeep Feb 2023.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a side shot I took today. About 60k miles on the suspension. Shocks may be getting a little tired . Also, I have the Crown BBK front & Teraflex BBK rear (will be putting the JT stuff on in the rear in the spring). I haven't added my J8 booster & MC yet, but the BBK in front may be contributing to the slight nose dive I sometimes get.
PXL_20230205_175312500~2.jpg

EDIT: also, I have AEV front & rear bumpers, and a winch up front

Last edited:
Last edited:
Reactions: BigAL07 and mrjp
Here's a side shot I took today. About 60k miles on the suspension. Shocks may be getting a little tired . Also, I have the Crown BBK front & Teraflex BBK rear (will be putting the JT stuff on in the rear in the spring). I haven't added my J8 booster & MC yet, but the BBK in front may be contributing to the slight nose dive I sometimes get.
View attachment 123703

EDIT: also, I have AEV front & rear bumpers, and a winch up front
Does JT lift fits on JK? I have a buddy that has brand new lift kits laying from JT, wonder if i can put em on lol

Seriously doubt it, but no first hand knowledge
Did some research and reading few forums, saying that springs might work however the shocks (if im right) the upper bushings are different or smth, so that will need customization, idk, if its a king shocks maybe worth it doing it? but if RC then nah (although, not sure, it just what i found from google)