Wandering steering on my 2011 JK Rubicon

Update: I have done the chalk test it looks like 26 psi is the sweet spot for my 35x12.5R28 tires. So far it definitely is a improvement.
I have also done the Axel test. I have 1 inch difference in the front and 3/4 inch difference in the back. Does that sound to far off center?

As @Dirtydog mentioned more than should be .
I’m within an 1/8”.
Do you have adjustable front track bar ?
I also measured to frame . As fenders may not be exact same width or if one sags a bit more than other will throw off measurement

Edit
More specifically measure from the shock tower to outside of tire . Using the shock tower enables you to measure to centre of tire at the top

Last edited:
As @Dirtydog mentioned more than should be .
I’m within an 1/8”.
Do you have adjustable front track bar ?
I also measured to frame . As fenders may not be exact same width or if one sags a bit more than other will throw off measurement
I'm not really sure if my track bar is adjustable. I'm still learning my way around what's what.
I'm pretty much a newbie with 4x4 & suspension.
I will have to try to measure from my frame to see if I get the same measurements.

I'm not really sure if my track bar is adjustable. I'm still learning my way around what's what.
I'm pretty much a newbie with 4x4 & suspension.
I will have to try to measure from my frame to see if I get the same measurements.

No worries We all were new to the Jeep at one time .
I can’t remember if factory track bar is adjustable . Don’t think it is but could be wrong .
It’s been awhile since I switched mine out

No worries We all were new to the Jeep at one time .
I can’t remember if factory track bar is adjustable . Don’t think it is but could be wrong .
It’s been awhile since I switched mine out
I'm new to Wranglers myself. Learned a lot just reading during my two weeks of ownership.

According to the mopar option on rock auto, stock is not adjustable.

I don't know which brand was installed in mine, but it is adjustable.

I'm new to Wranglers myself. Learned a lot just reading during my two weeks of ownership.

According to the mopar option on rock auto, stock is not adjustable.

I don't know which brand was installed in mine, but it is adjustable.

Ok so factory non adjustable .
Noted .
Well it’s good you have an adjustable after market in place so axle can be centered .
A couple channels I watched on UTube that was very educational

JK Gear & Gadgets
Autoedits

Just scroll back to earlier episodes and start watching .
The hosts of both very down to earth and explain things very well .

Reactions: Dirty Dog
Ok so factory non adjustable .
Noted .
Well it’s good you have an adjustable after market in place so axle can be centered .
A couple channels I watched on UTube that was very educational

JK Gear & Gadgets
Autoedits

Just scroll back to earlier episodes and start watching .
The hosts of both very down to earth and explain things very well .
I will start watching today!

You don't really need to "have" it checked. Just get out a tape measure.
Get 4 wheel. Alignment. I run 35s at 33 lbs. Have a large steering wheel no frills so my steering is a bit of a wandering creature but I'm so used to it I don't notice any more. May make whoever is behind me a bit nervous!

Reactions: BigAL07