Turn signal issue?

Moab

JK Enthusiast
Supporting Member
My turn signals seem to work two ways. The normal way. And kind of a "soft" lane changing way.

This is what happens both ways:

The "soft" or temporary lane changing way.

Where I'm driving straight and I move the lever. But the lever won't click. And it only blinks like 3 or 4 times. It's almost something you would use on the freeway changing lanes or something. Like maybe that's what it was designed for?

So driving straight, I move the lever, no click noise, and you get 3 or 4 blink's.

The normal way:

If my steering is a bit more into a steer. I move the lever and the turn signal clicks into a positive on. Stays there. And it will keep blinking until after the turn and I have straightened the steering again. Then it clicks off.

Is this how the Jeep turn signal works? Is it designed like this to give you a lane changing option or something?

2012 JKU btw.

Last edited:
Reactions: vaffanculo
Well its SUPER annoying! Lol!

Like any other legal person. I put my blinker on BEFORE I turn. So I have to sit there and hold it.

JEEP. Man. Sometimes I don't know.

Well its SUPER annoying! Lol!

Like any other legal person. I put my blinker on BEFORE I turn. So I have to sit there and hold it.

JEEP. Man. Sometimes I don't know.
Just re-read your initial post as I didn't catch the "into the steer" comment the first time I read it.

I'll have to hop into mine and double check. I know my SuperDuty works on pressure regardless of the wheel position. Light and you get three blinks, enough to put it over the detent and it stays on until you turn it off or complete a turn.

I'm new to the Wrangler game but thought it worked the same... I'll confirm today, though

If I'm not mistaken, you can change the number of signals/flashes on JScan. I could be wrong.
I drive a Ford Transit van as part of the volunteer work I do and turn signal flashes can be changed right on the dash menu options.

Reactions: JeepJeezy
If I'm not mistaken, you can change the number of signals/flashes on JScan. I could be wrong.
I drive a Ford Transit van as part of the volunteer work I do and turn signal flashes can be changed right on the dash menu options.
You can definitely disable the 3 flash with Jscan.

Reactions: BLACKJKU and JerryD
You can't get it to click over to stay flashing. While driving straight. It will only push to the side and flash 3 times.

Once you start to turn you can get it to click over. And stay flashing until you straighten it out after the turn. But by that time you've already started your turn.

Super annoying. I thought I might fix that by replacing it. But it seems that it's designed that way.

Even when changing lanes I would prefer it stay flashing. As not each lane change is performed within 3 flashes.

Sounds like the little gizmo in the steering column that resets your turn indicator (I'm having a senior moment on the name) is worn out.