Turn key to start 2013 jku Sahara and nothing

Captnron320

Two days ago I noticed a 1 second delay before it started. I'm traveling and was going to have it looked at when returned home tomorrow.. please help with any field fix or suggestions. Thank you. Ron

Just had click, click, nada on my 2008 jku, X. Big clue was on the dash... "no buss", flashed during clicks, telling me it's struggling to complete the circuit at 40 amps. In other words, bad ground. Checked all grounds and found a few, most relevant being the neg battery terminal to body only a few imches away, and took apart and cleaned all. After tightenimg all up, no mpre issues! Vroom, vroom!

Two days ago I noticed a 1 second delay before it started. I'm traveling and was going to have it looked at when returned home tomorrow.. please help with any field fix or suggestions. Thank you. Ron
Jeep dealer could not recreate the no start and returned to me. Since then the intermittent starting has progressively gotten worse. I turn key 15-30 times B4 it starts. Put in neutral and no difference.
Any thoughts?

Verified battery clamps super clean with brand new battery.
The terminals on the OEM battery cables are complete junk. Clean and tight doesn't actually mean a decent connection. I'd swap them regardless. I'm convinced this should be a preventive maintenance step on any Wrangler.

Reactions: Nic_dEntremont
Put a test light or meter on the small wire on the starter and see if it get power every time the key is turned to start.

I remember someone else who was having a similar problem and I think they found the wire connector was bad on the wire and wasn't making a good connection.

Reactions: BigAL07
@Dirty Dog any suggestions on brand or what cables to go with? I'll change mine out for preventative measures as soon as the Jersey weather improves. Thanks in advance!
You can change the cables if you want, but personally I just swap the clamp. I like THESE but there are certainly tons of options.