Trouble with brake vacuum pump relocation and winch install

Danarch

JK Addict
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
I can’t be the first one to have this issue. I installed a winch this weekend. The brake vacuum pump had to be rotated. The new location hits a line. I think it’s the steering fluid line. I thought about drilling a new hole in the new pump bracket but that wouldn’t help as there isn’t any room to swivel it backwards. it’s up against the winch as is. I was able to move the line back a little which helped some. I managed to install a rubber hose around it so its not metal to metal. Anyone have an idea on a fix! The second picture is to show relationship between the pump and winch.

88A6DF6D-14D7-4D63-A3E0-87C81A54CB9D.jpeg
55D8E603-EC7D-49C4-810B-F03E5A6FC12B.jpeg

Thank you Chris. I went and looked at the Maximus setup to see of their bracket would work. I’ll need to come up with a solution. I am wondering if I made a bracket that was flat and attached to top of the plate and slid it a little to drivers side

Thanks, do you just have it attached on just one side? I emailed JCR and they already emailed back requesting pictures and that they are not aware of it coming up before. They responded quickly. Will see what they say. I can‘t imagine I installed it incorrectly as everything else lined up really well.

I will say getting two of the bumper nuts back on was not easy with the winch in place. One is still a few threads off the frame. Ordered a 18mm deep swivel socket, that should let me get it all the way.

I ordered a relocation bracket from Rock Hard 4x4 that worked perfectly. They have a video on the site showing how to install. That might help to give you a hint why yours isnt working or maybe a way to modify yours.

Reactions: mrjp
I ordered a relocation bracket from Rock Hard 4x4 that worked perfectly. They have a video on the site showing how to install. That might help to give you a hint why yours isnt working or maybe a way to modify yours.
Thank you, this may work for me. I took a look at the bracket. I’l need to see how much room there is and see. It looks like this bracket places the pump much closer to the frame. If not too much trouble you think you could upload a picture of it installed? I assume vertical vs horizontal does’t affect performance?

Thanks, do you just have it attached on just one side? I emailed JCR and they already emailed back requesting pictures and that they are not aware of it coming up before. They responded quickly. Will see what they say. I can‘t imagine I installed it incorrectly as everything else lined up really well.

I will say getting two of the bumper nuts back on was not easy with the winch in place. One is still a few threads off the frame. Ordered a 18mm deep swivel socket, that should let me get it all the way.
Yep, just attached at one side. I was worried about it at first, but havent had any issues.

Yep, our Mopar steel bumpers look awesome and I love mine, but everything is super tight in there. The two nuts you referred to, I couldn't get back on (probably has to do with the custom plate i did)

Yep, just attached at one side. I was worried about it at first, but havent had any issues.

Yep, our Mopar steel bumpers look awesome and I love mine, but everything is super tight in there. The two nuts you referred to, I couldn't get back on (probably has to do with the custom plate i did)
Don’t really have a choice on mine. The JCR plate is only bolted to the two inner bolts at the bumper each side. There is an attachment about mid-span on the sides, but I wouldn’t count on those to do too much. Thank you again. I am exploring each of these options. Great help and ideas.

Reactions: IndominusHuman
Dunno if you solved this already...

I used this bracket to slightly relocate the canister. I liked it because while it didn't require cutting any hoses or wires, it did involve unbolting the sway bar brackets and included the necessary shims to put everything back in the correct geometry. I did have to use a sawzall and cutting wheel to cut the old bracket off, and then hit it with some paint to make sure it didn't rust. I thought I took some pictures but turns out I was wrong.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HHD6C5K/?tag=jkforum-20

Dunno if you solved this already...

I used this bracket to slightly relocate the canister. I liked it because while it didn't require cutting any hoses or wires, it did involve unbolting the sway bar brackets and included the necessary shims to put everything back in the correct geometry. I did have to use a sawzall and cutting wheel to cut the old bracket off, and then hit it with some paint to make sure it didn't rust. I thought I took some pictures but turns out I was wrong.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HHD6C5K/?tag=jkforum-20
Thank you, I ordered the part suggested by FLCoast and it ended up working out perfectly. Haven’t had any issues.

Reactions: mrjp