Traction Control Help Needed

FLCoastJK

I recently installed adjustable track bars as my 2016 Rubicon was lifted 2.5 inches and the original bars were still on, the axles were not centered. I installed the bars and got a traction control light and ABS light on the dash. I saw it also had the U140A front right speed sensor was flagged as bad. I replaced the sensor and on the drive the traction control light would come on and the brakes would pulse and slow the Jeep down. I cleared the codes, drove again and same thing happened.

The part that has me confused is after replacing the sensor I don't see that U140A code anymore, now it shows C123F steering angle sensor. The steering wheel is not straight after I installed the track bars, I am sure due to moving the axle. I am going to get it aligned next week, is it possible the sensor and steering wheel is tricking the ABS system somehow?

The steering wheel not centered is your problem, it has way to much electronics.
Thanks for the input. I thought that might be the case and couldnt think of what else could have changed. I will get the alignment done and hopefully it will clear up.

Thanks for the input. I thought that might be the case and couldnt think of what else could have changed. I will get the alignment done and hopefully it will clear up.

Maybe if the alignment shop will do it, some do and some don't. It's not really a alignment issue as far as the front suspension is concerned. It has to do with the esp.

It's really easy to straighten the steering wheel. Unlock the wheel, loosen the clamps on the drag link and turn the sleeve. Center it up and retighten.

Jerry, thanks so much for that link! That was 100% the fix to the problem. Now we get to take the pooch in the Jeep for Sunday Funday!

Reactions: mrjp and JerryD