Track bar death wobble

pationolan1

Hello all,
My jeep jk is having weird steering issues. And I bought it with a lift installed. My question is, is a track bar on the axel side suppose to move back and fourth? I just started getting death wobble after replacing my drag link and tie rod. I'm sure I need an alignment but I have to wait another week. Attached is a video of my track bar connected to the axel side. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Nothing in any part of the steering mechanism should ever move except in response to steering wheel input. If it does, that's pretty much going to be the very definition of Death Wobble.

No the track bar isn't supposed to move, if it does it's because the end is bad.
My jeep is lifted I assume I should replace it with an adjustment track bar? It seems like a pain to remove that side. I tried tighting that bolt but it would budge

My jeep is lifted I assume I should replace it with an adjustment track bar? It seems like a pain to remove that side. I tried tighting that bolt but it would budge
Yes. You'll need an adjustable track bar with a lift. If you don't know how much lift you have, look for a track bar that works with 2-6" of lift.

My TJ developed the same problem....I drilled out the end of the track bar and the hole for the bolt that it was connected to the diff. 7/16 drill. Never had trouble with it again. Have done two others for friends also.

My TJ developed the same problem....I drilled out the end of the track bar and the hole for the bolt that it was connected to the diff. 7/16 drill. Never had trouble with it again. Have done two others for friends also.

Similar fix for JK’ s. You can use a 9/16 shouldered grade 8 bolt without having to drill
Jeep uses fully threaded bolts for track bar & control arms .
Either the TB axl mounts are ovaled out or track bar bushing is worn.
I upgraded to the Yeti Steer Smarts TB and installed 9/16” bolts . No problem with TB or wobble since .
Depending on mileage . If up there may want to consider doing both of the Hub/Bearings .
I did my hubs in the spring and tightened things up .