To switch to a soft top from hard top

Danarch

JK Addict
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
For those that saw my post, four-wheeling this weekend I busted the rear window and damaged the hard top. I am considering getting soft-top instead of replacing it with a hard top (if not covered by insurance most likely will get a soft top). I like the idea of being able to just retract the top and have it fold down behind the seats. The Top below looks and sounds sharp with some nice features. I am just not sure about sound or security. Have any of you had issued with thief, or think the noise is real bad. Any thoughts or experience appreciated.

https://www.bestop.com/products/supertop-ultra-squareback-soft-top-jeep-2007-2018-wrangler-jk/

Our JK's are both hardtop. However, I had a Bestop soft top on my YJ, and it was very nice. It wasn't a 2 minute thing to put down, but it was manageable, for one person. Much easier with two. Soft tops in general, of course, are noisy and much harder to keep warm/cool.

Reactions: BigAL07
My 07 rubi has always had a soft top and also factory half doors. I did install a metal header to replace the plastic one that came on a few of the early model jk wranglers. For me that made a tremendous difference in the wind noise which is almost non existent now. We do get some pretty cold and snowy winters here in W.V. But I had never had any issues keeping her toasty warm. As for thieves in our small community people know better than to touch her. Wish that were true everywhere. Just my experience

Reactions: Dirty Dog