Throttle position sensor correlation

Ben Dubsky

I am working on my daughter's 2012 JK. I have replaced the throttle position sensor and the throttle pedal. Obd said there is no correlation between sensor A and B with a low voltage input on both. What am I missing? What else do I need to look at?

I am working on my daughter's 2012 JK. I have replaced the throttle position sensor and the throttle pedal. Obd said there is no correlation between sensor A and B with a low voltage input on both. What am I missing? What else do I need to look at?

Maybe try a reset by disconnecting the battery for a while.

I wonder if the throttle body harness melted? Or as @BLACKJKU mentioned, bad connectors? First thing would be to make sure the battery posts are clean and tight & the battery is fully charged. After that, I would start looking at that harness.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Ben, I don’t know if you are still in this Forum, but I am currently having the Throttle position code issues with my 2012 JK that you mentioned in this thread. Did you get a resolution and would you mind sharing with me?

Ben, I don’t know if you are still in this Forum, but I am currently having the Throttle position code issues with my 2012 JK that you mentioned in this thread. Did you get a resolution and would you mind sharing with me?

Did you recently do any electrical parts replacement?

Did you recently do any electrical parts replacement?
BLACKJKU. We have already been messaging on my own thread with this issue. Unfortunately, absolutely nothing has worked. I have checked every chassis ground and even removed the battery and TIPM to check all wires and connections. I cannot find the issue. When I saw Ben's post I read through it but see that there was never a solution posted. Just taking a stab in the dark that he might see my question.

Reactions: BLACKJKU
BLACKJKU. We have already been messaging on my own thread with this issue. Unfortunately, absolutely nothing has worked. I have checked every chassis ground and even removed the battery and TIPM to check all wires and connections. I cannot find the issue. When I saw Ben's post I read through it but see that there was never a solution posted. Just taking a stab in the dark that he might see my question.
Tagging on to this as well to see if either of you ever found a solution. I have an 09 2D and the seller didn't tell me about the code and of course didn't pop on until I got home with it.

Things replaced before me: Throttle Body, Pedal assembly

Things I have replaced: Pedal assembly & Throttle body connector harness

I'm at a loss of words on it. Had it cleared after relearning the pedal assembly and disconnecting battery for a couple of hours, then went to the car wash and as soon as I left it cut on so i'm assuming it's something to do with it getting wet. Now, a week later, I get it every single trip.

Same struggle on my 2007 JKU... Even gives me a traction control fault dash light... If I'm running down the road, turn the key off and then right back on it clears up... until it does it again... GRRRRR

I did that before posting... I may try it again now that I have 40 or so miles on it since I put the new throttle body.
Thank you...

I had to do it 2 times before it worked also, one time I did it slow then the other time was a little faster. I forget which speed it was the last time.

Reactions: jasonk