This is what's wrong with the US legal system

We need tort reform. Going after the vehicle owner is insane. The dealership that allowed an unqualified employee to work on the Jeep should be held accountable

Reactions: mrjp
Not knowing all the details, I dont see $h%t coming of this other than a good "story" to publish.

I can certainly imagine a defense lawyer reversing the tables and countersuing for their clients stress and unnecessary hassle.

Reactions: mrjp
The attorney, by suing the owner of the Jeep, is trying to bring in another deep pocket. The Jeep owner's insurance company. Being an attorney, I understand the strategy but as an attorney and a person. I can't stand it. Insurance companies are fighting more and more claims these days, however, if the settlement number gets low enough they will pay it based upon a business decision not a legal decision.

Reactions: Threepointsix
Yeah , that's messed up . Than again so is payout that McDonald s or Wendy's had to pay customer. She spilt her hot coffee on her lap . What did she get 850K. It was awhile ago .
How is Trump not in prison yet . He wrangles the system like a ffnn pro . But he's just a piece of s..t. Anybody with any sense knows this . So many pending investigations /lawsuits against him right now. All those classified secret documents found at his home ? Inciting a riot ? Attempting to overturn a perfectly legal election? There are a few others going on with him but you catch y drift . Anybody else would have already been indicted. So how can one person be so slippery ?
So yes the justice system in the US and up here in Canada needs some work .

Yeah , that's messed up . Than again so is payout that McDonald s or Wendy's had to pay customer. She spilt her hot coffee on her lap . What did she get 850K. It was awhile ago .
How is Trump not in prison yet . He wrangles the system like a ffnn pro . But he's just a piece of s..t. Anybody with any sense knows this . So many pending investigations /lawsuits against him right now. All those classified secret documents found at his home ? Inciting a riot ? Attempting to overturn a perfectly legal election? There are a few others going on with him but you catch y drift . Anybody else would have already been indicted. So how can one person be so slippery ?
So yes the justice system in the US and up here in Canada needs some work .
No system is perfect. That is for sure. But some are a hell of a lot better than others. But that probably depends on who you ask and what their legal situation is.