Sway bar feels like it's not lock

Need a little more information to help. What vehicle is this on? A rubicon with the electronic disconnect? If so, is the "Sway Bar" light on? How long has it been like this? Anyone work on the Jeep recently?

I just purchased a 2007 6.8 33" tires 2.5 lift I don't know the gear ratio yet. I was going to mark the tire and let it rotate one and see how many times the driveshaft turns. it will be close. sway bar has manual knob to disconnect and it's frozen. working on that tomorrow. I also pick up a Synergy track bar and sector shaft brace. the steering box clicks. I can feel it the steering. 'wanders

I would like to go with 37" tires at 4.88 gear ratio and hydro assist when money comes around.

I feel like it's in the steering box.

Hope this helps Thanks in advance

It feels top heavy to me and was thinking last night' and that if I had to turn fast to miss something on the road I would not be confident. I am going to check sway bar settings because it was lifted 2.5 " also I should get the sector shaft in today.

Thanks I will update
X mechanic know front end but was the engine guy.
2007 Rubicon.jpg

I just purchased a 2007 6.8 33" tires 2.5 lift I don't know the gear ratio yet. I was going to mark the tire and let it rotate one and see how many times the driveshaft turns. it will be close. sway bar has manual knob to disconnect and it's frozen. working on that tomorrow. I also pick up a Synergy track bar and sector shaft brace. the steering box clicks. I can feel it the steering. 'wanders

I would like to go with 37" tires at 4.88 gear ratio and hydro assist when money comes around.

I feel like it's in the steering box.

Hope this helps Thanks in advance

It feels top heavy to me and was thinking last night' and that if I had to turn fast to miss something on the road I would not be confident. I am going to check sway bar settings because it was lifted 2.5 " also I should get the sector shaft in today.

Thanks I will update
X mechanic know front end but was the engine guy. View attachment 120102

Hellwig makes some really nice replacement sway bars that are a lot beefier than stock.

I put the rear one on my JK but have a swayloc up front. Best of both worlds. It's better than stock onroad and a flip disconnects it offroad. No more screwin with links/pins for disconnecting the swaybar.

Hellwig makes some really nice replacement sway bars that are a lot beefier than stock.

I put the rear one on my JK but have a swayloc up front. Best of both worlds. It's better than stock onroad and a flip disconnects it offroad. No more screwin with links/pins for disconnecting the swaybar.
Let me look in to that, never thought of the rear sway bar till now. Thanks

Reactions: Vman
Need a little more information to help. What vehicle is this on? A rubicon with the electronic disconnect? If so, is the "Sway Bar" light on? How long has it been like this? Anyone work on the Jeep recently?
I installed the synergy track bar and sector shaft. the steering is more firm. there is a slight shimmy like a tire out of round.
Aliment was good. I am going to rotate tires to see if that helps. also as far as the jeep feeling top heavy I think it's the sway bars rear and front. that will have to wait.

So you got less body roll

Vman

I spoke to Kevin and purchase a rear sway bar. Lets see what happens thanks

Reactions: Vman

Hello Vman

Sway bar kicks ass So thanks for setting me up. I also change the ball joints. there was one ball joint that was bad. so I changed them all. I can not believe how small and thin the rear sway bar was. sector brace is in.

Also Thanks to JerryD and Mrjp everyone was helpful

Oh yeah ! Shocks and new drive shaft coming in this week front and rear. from DriveshaftDirect.com

Thanks again

Shawnee

Reactions: Vman and mrjp
Hello Vman

Sway bar kicks ass So thanks for setting me up. I also change the ball joints. there was one ball joint that was bad. so I changed them all. I can not believe how small and thin the rear sway bar was. sector brace is in.

Also Thanks to JerryD and Mrjp everyone was helpful

Oh yeah ! Shocks and new drive shaft coming in this week front and rear. from DriveshaftDirect.com

Thanks again

Shawnee

Outstanding. Glad everything is working out.

The swaybars/links/bushings are an often overlooked component of the wandering steering and body roll problems on our rigs, even though they're a critical part of on-road performance.

If you want to go next level make-you-smile driving experience, install a full PSC steering kit. I have the big bore (not with hydro assist) full kit with the pump/reservoir and the steering is effortless (on and off-road) on 35's and it tracks like an arrow on the street.

Driving a JK doesn't have to be a white-knuckle experience. I know because I was doing it for about 6 months and it's not fun at all.