Stock Willy wheels on a 2014 jeep wrangler jk 2 door

selenarainie

needing to get new tires here shortly and I don’t know crap about tires and what I can put on stock wheels. I don’t have a life or spacers. Just looking to get all terrain and about 33 I think. I just don’t know what to be looking for.

needing to get new tires here shortly and I don’t know crap about tires and what I can put on stock wheels. I don’t have a life or spacers. Just looking to get all terrain and about 33 I think. I just don’t know what to be looking for.

33" are just the next size taller so they will go on your wheels. Just remember when putting a tire that's not the stock size you have to recalibrate your speedometer.

33" are just the next size taller so they will go on your wheels. Just remember when putting a tire that's not the stock size you have to recalibrate your speedometer.
Recalibrate? Not sure what you’re mean. What do you think I would be able to put to go big then my 225/75r/17

When you put a tire that is taller then the stock tire then it makes your speedometer read wrong, in turn then it makes your transmission shifting wrong.

You can put a 33" on and shouldn't have any issues other then getting your speedometer recalibrated. You'll have to get a dongle that plugs into your ODB port and then you change the tire height so that the speedometer reads correctly.

needing to get new tires here shortly and I don’t know crap about tires and what I can put on stock wheels.
I have always been under the impression that you can go 20mm wider than stock. So your 225 could go as high as 245. Keep in mind that the measured height of a tire will vary based on wheel width, which can affect clearance.
I don’t have a life
I'm so sorry to hear that. But you know, I think it's probably true of lots of Jeepers. Too much time spent in the garage tinkering...
or spacers. Just looking to get all terrain and about 33 I think. I just don’t know what to be looking for.
I'll join @Speartip in voting for the BFG. It's a fantastic choice if you need versatility. The super aggressive treads are a better if you're doing really tough stuff, but the trade-off is that they make a LOT of noise on the highway. I had bias-ply IROK 40's on a soft-top, V8 swapped JY. And I could hear them over the engine and wind noise.

Reactions: SteveF