Speaker bar popping followed by muting

Every time I try to play my music from my BT my speakers will pop every few seconds then go silent for a second then come back on. It does this every few seconds. When I turn on my FM/AM radio the volume is set at 0 and won't turn up. Does anyone know how to fix this? Does this mean my speakers are blown? I don't want to spend $70+ on new speakers and the problem isn't fixed. Any advice would be appreciated.

My jeep is a 2015 JK Sport Limited.

What radio do you have? Also, did your radio get rained on, or did something else happen around the time this started? Are you the first owner or how long have you had it?

What radio do you have? Also, did your radio get rained on, or did something else happen around the time this started? Are you the first owner or how long have you had it?
I am the second owner of my jeep. I've had it for about 2 years. And no it didn't get rained on from what I can remember. This started happening randomly on a sunny, dry day with my soft top covered. I have the stock OEM radio. Nothing fancy.

Is there a way I could possible send a video of my jeep doing this? If its blown then its blown and I'll go out and buy new speakers. I've heard others say it could be my head unit.. I really don't know but it sucks driving without anything playing in the background.

It could be either, but it's more likely the speakers. The head unit would usually have other signs of being bad.

You could definitely upload a video if you want though.

Do the speakers pop even when just playing music from the FM radio or any other source other than Bluetooth?

That is not your speakers. Blown speakers would cause noticeable distortion or completely fail and not have that kind of affect on your head unit.

You could try and pull the fuse for the stereo (pretty sure fuse M10 ) wait a few minutes and see if a power cycle works. If you still have your radio presets the power cycle wasn't complete. Do this with the vehicle off.

You could also disconnect the battery, to be really sure. Going to have to do that to replace the head unit anyway.

Short of that, my take is bad head unit. Sorry.

Reactions: BigAL07
Replaced the head unit. Fixed the problem.

Here is the one I bought:

Not too expensive and works as well as any radio I’ve ever had. Just need the install kit for the Jeep:

I can take a pic of you’d like. Interesting that both our 2015s died around the same time. Guess 6 years is the life span.

Reactions: Jeeppatriot15
Can you please re-post the head unit that you bought? The link just takes me to my personal Amazon orders page.

Every time I try to play my music from my BT my speakers will pop every few seconds then go silent for a second then come back on. It does this every few seconds. When I turn on my FM/AM radio the volume is set at 0 and won't turn up. Does anyone know how to fix this? Does this mean my speakers are blown? I don't want to spend $70+ on new speakers and the problem isn't fixed. Any advice would be appreciated.

My jeep is a 2015 JK Sport Limited.
I am having this same issue and I also have a 2015 JKU. Did you ever figure out what the cause was and how to fix this? Thank you in advance :)