Spare Tire Delete (Convince Me)

Forgot to add, carry a tire plug kit. They work great and keep you going.

Yea, I got the whole GlueTread kit that covers all sorts of plugs, patches and such and I always have my Viair compressor under the back seat.

Been without the spare for a week now, and I am really liking the look and how it cleaned up the back of the Jeep. Granted that is personal preference and I will most likely throw the spare in the back when I go on a trip or wheelin. But for now I am digging it.

Spare tire delete is first mod I did . Kenroc with brake light
Really like the clean look .
Was on a summit trail couple months ago . Was turning around at the top and pierced tire with a Socket / Phillips head .
Flattened tire pretty quick
Was able to put air in . Air would last about 8 mins than had to pump up again .
Took a couple hours to get off mountain to a cell signal
Brother brought me spare .

So yeah . Traveling without spate is a gamble . Looking at adding a spare carrier to my bumper . Don’t want to ever go thew that again .

It’s not necessarily sharp rocks if running a quality tire .
It’s objects left by Douches that can ruin a day .

My plug kit probably wouldn’t have worked . It was a pretty big hole . Socket flew out when I get to hwy . If you ever get a side wall tear patch kit won’t help .

If you do any sort of wheeling or road trips etc . May never use but if you ever need it .You will be thankful .
IMG_6193.jpeg

Was on a summit trail couple months ago . Was turning around at the top and pierced tire with a Socket / Phillips head .
Was able to put air in . Air would last about 8 mins than had to pump up again .

So yeah . Traveling without spate is a gamble . Looking at adding a spare carrier to my bumper . Don’t want to ever go thew that again .

My plug kit probably wouldn’t have worked . It was a pretty big hole . Socket flew out when I get to hwy . If you ever get a side wall tear patch kit won’t help .

If you do any sort of wheeling or road trips etc . May never use but if you ever need it .You will be thankful .View attachment 127726

Clean look

If you do any sort of wheeling or road trips etc . May never use but if you ever need it .You will be thankful .View attachment 127726

Also did the plate relo after my spare delete.

Jeep rear plate erase.JPG

Reactions: Speartip

I would not have considered doing this without this GlueTread kit for this very reason - https://www.amazon.com/GlueTread-Complete-Off-Road-Puncture-Emergency/dp/B0D4B68F5R/?tag=jkforum-20

IMG_1676.jpeg

Reactions: tJKrider