Snowplow mounting on 2013 Wrangler

jaydee00

Hey all, I’ve trying like crazy to find a plow mount for my Jeep to fit the plow that was left at my house. Just striking out. It’s a Meyer Ez mount plus and there’s a 05 dodge Dakota that it’s mounted too. I thought I’d find the brackets to mount it to my Jeep but no dice. Looking at the Dakota mount it looks like a pretty similar frame bumper mount.

Does anyone know if the frames between a 13 wrangler and 05 Dakota have similar widths on the front beams? It’s hard to measure, without tearing it apart.

Please post some pics of your plow.
Do you have an aftermarket bumper? When I lived in the Idaho Panhandle, I bought a 60" plow for my TJ. It mounted to my aftermarket bumper and was operated from the cab with the corded winch control. Admittedly, it could have been wider and some wings were on my mod list.
BUT, IT WORKED!

TJ PLOW.jpg

TJ PLOW 2.jpg

Attachments

• TJ IDAHO PLOW VIDEO.mp4
    4.2 MB
I think it's a hardrock jeep front bumper, so it is aftermarket but it's still a jeep OEM part. It's a all steel bumper though so I might be able to do as you suggest. Here are some photos of the plow on the Dakota and on it's own.

Meyer Home EZ Lift Plow 1.jpg

2005 Dodge Dakota with Meyer Plow.jpg

Reactions: Dirty Dog
I was afraid that the plow you referenced was pretty substantial..
If you can see mine just pivots on the D ring mounts and is lifted and dropped with the whinch.
Something that heavy may be hard on your Jeep front end.

Reactions: Dirty Dog